Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Is it possible to update settings without changing bouquets

Title
    Thanks

Is it possible to update settings without changing bouquets

Every time I download a new settings file I have to recreate Bouquets to keep the receiver wife friendly. Is there a way of fixing Bouquets so that they don't get rewritten every time? It's not just UK bouquets I want to keep but European ones too.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    You give us absolutely no information to go on.
    What image are you using?
    What settings are you using?
    What kind of settings would you like to retain?

And in general: when downloading settings it is expected behaviour that existing settings will be overwritten. Why else would you download settings?

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    You naughty boy user68.

Title
    Thanks
    I'm using Vix build 767 on a Vu+ Solo2.
    Today I'm using vHannibal's E2 Motor 24 settings but I use whatever's newest at the time.
    I would like to retain all my Bouquets and channels within them.
    It's only the channel frequencies I want to update.

Why else would I download settings?? - I download settings because channel frequencies change from time to time and with 25 satellites, it's not something I want to do manually. But just because I want to update channel frequencies it doesn't mean I also want to change all my Bouquets to the ones used by the settings file creator.

I understand that downloading settings means that settings get overwritten. My question is whether there's a way of downloading settings but only updating channel frequencies/ID/Pids on the receiver so that the Bouquets remain unchanged. I've read SetEditDream can do this with DXAndy but I can't find any clear instructions on how to do it and from what I can see DXANdy only provides settings for 13E 19E 23E and 42E. Maybe I could use DreamsetEdit or DreamboxEdit using cut and paste to merge old and new settings files or maybe there's a better way

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    If by 'downloading settings' you mean installing them from the feeds the answer is no (for obvious reasons). But what you want to achieve is quite easy though. And can be done in several ways. The most obvious ways are:

1- Install settings from the feeds, download them to your PC, and do with them whatever you want to do (using any editor, cut & past between editors etc etc). De-install the settings again, and upload your own set to your box.
    Now no settings are 'installed' so nothing will be overwritten during any update at all.

2- Download the settings from where ever you want them from (e.g. from Vhanibal's site); make changes as you like and upload to your box.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

user68 (27-10-13)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yanzui View Post
    You naughty boy user68.
    And this post is helpful in what way???

Quote Originally Posted by user68 View Post
    I'm using Vix build 767 on a Vu+ Solo2.
    Today I'm using vHannibal's E2 Motor 24 settings but I use whatever's newest at the time.
    I would like to retain all my Bouquets and channels within them.
    It's only the channel frequencies I want to update.

Why else would I download settings?? - I download settings because channel frequencies change from time to time and with 25 satellites, it's not something I want to do manually. But just because I want to update channel frequencies it doesn't mean I also want to change all my Bouquets to the ones used by the settings file creator.

I understand that downloading settings means that settings get overwritten. My question is whether there's a way of downloading settings but only updating channel frequencies/ID/Pids on the receiver so that the Bouquets remain unchanged. I've read SetEditDream can do this with DXAndy but I can't find any clear instructions on how to do it and from what I can see DXANdy only provides settings for 13E 19E 23E and 42E. Maybe I could use DreamsetEdit or DreamboxEdit using cut and paste to merge old and new settings files or maybe there's a better way
    The problem is, that as the frequencies change, the actual channel changes. So, you need to add the new channel back in to the bouquet... You can't do what you're asking for as far as I know...
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pooface For This Useful Post:

user68 (27-10-13)

Title
    Thanks
    i am lucky i have it down to about 5 mins now, as has been said before there is no way to do it, so i just d\l my settings (vhannibals motor) and DBE them and ftp them over to the box but then again i only create a bouquet called MY TV and i just use my favourites in it, freesat and the half a dozen from 26e and 1 from 39e, for the rest i just leave as is.

That way when box is started its my channels that come up

Title
    Thanks
    Download the latest satellite.xml file, ftp to your box and reboot.

I might have picked this up wrong because this is an obvious answer and nobody has mentioned it yet.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by seame View Post
    Download the latest satellite.xml file, ftp to your box and reboot.

I might have picked this up wrong because this is an obvious answer and nobody has mentioned it yet.
    Not sure what you mean here? The satellites.xml file is only used for scanning, not for tuning.
    And in ViX we update that file on every image update, so that will be the least of your worries.

As I tried to explain above: it's pretty simple to achieve what OP wants to achieve.

Title
    Thanks
    I thought the sat.xml file contained the frequency of which the channels are broadcast on. If this is the case then he can update it and move the channels he wants, or that are missing, from satellites (green button) to favourites (blue button). I could be totally wrong here and most likely am but this sounds like a very simple way to do it.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    1- Scanning is done on data that's in satellites.xml (unless doing a blindscan obviously)
    2- Tuning is done on data that's in the lamedb. Only the satellite position is then taken from satellites.xml, but not the transponders.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

seame (28-10-13)