Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: is vix more popular than 4d

Title
    Thanks

is vix more popular than 4d

Hi there I have just purchased a tm-one-oe and was asked which image I wanted so not having any idea of the difference I opted for the 4d image however I now am not sure as I don't see much talk or anything on the forums,is it not very popular or am I looking in the wrong place?thanks for your time.

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    Vix all the way buddy.
    I tried 4d on my TM-2T, lasted all of 10 minutes, came back to Vix.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TK4|2|1 For This Useful Post:

oakgrove2 (13-10-13)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    What he said I've tried loads of images over the years and without being biased VIX really is the best (even my old mum can use it )
    VU+ DUO² (Triple S2 tuners) VIX, 750gb
    TM-Nano 2 Super, 320gb
    GigaBlue HD 800 UE Plus VIX
    TM-Single VIX IT'S ALIVE
    Octagon SF8 VIX (751MHz bootloader)
    MARA M9
    Harmony 700
    DGS108 GBLAN, DIY NAS (8TB) XPEnology
    1.1m dish, 0.1db Quad LNB, GTSAT DM14MG motor
    80cm dish, 2x 0.1db LNB + 1x Quad 0.2db LNB, Disqec 4/1.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oakgrove2 View Post
    Hi there I have just purchased a tm-one-oe and was asked which image I wanted so not having any idea of the difference I opted for the 4d image however I now am not sure as I don't see much talk or anything on the forums,is it not very popular or am I looking in the wrong place?thanks for your time.
    Thanks for that,so is it just a matter of loading in the latest version by usb and that's it?.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oakgrove2 View Post
    Thanks for that,so is it just a matter of loading in the latest version by usb and that's it?.
    yeah, try both or any other image available.
    All can easily be installed by USB flash, some come with a backup manager that can backup your settings & easily restore them on a new flash, so switching images can easily be a 5 minute process.
    Saying that though, I'd put a bet on you using ViX in the end...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

oakgrove2 (13-10-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Unless you use a backup image, there will be a few configurations to make irrespective of image selected. You cannot download cams through the remote on the Vix image, and the ones you can download to the PC for installation onto receiver, you have to make your own configs or search. Legal reasons. You have to respect the forum's stance.

4D is based on OpenPLI, but not purely as it is hacked to work rather than provide the files for native OpenPLI support. The updates are therefore not always implemented quickly into the 4D images. For example, the channel history update. There are no crashlogs on the 4D images (last time I checked) and no way to contact the developers/coders in case of problems other than through TM. Don't be put off by my comments, try 4D first.

There are a few images for the TMs, HDFreaks, OpenATV, Persian Empire, VIX and one or two others. Only the end user can be the best judge as to what suits them/household best.

EDIT: Just re-read your post and name of receiver. Until other teams adopt the receiver any new TM receivers only have 4D images on them.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Unless you use a backup image, there will be a few configurations to make irrespective of image selected. You cannot download cams through the remote on the Vix image, and the ones you can download to the PC for installation onto receiver, you have to make your own configs or search. Legal reasons. You have to respect the forum's stance.

4D is based on OpenPLI, but not purely as it is hacked to work rather than provide the files for native OpenPLI support. The updates are therefore not always implemented quickly into the 4D images. For example, the channel history update. There are no crashlogs on the 4D images (last time I checked) and no way to contact the developers/coders in case of problems other than through TM. Don't be put off by my comments, try 4D first.

There are a few images for the TMs, HDFreaks, OpenATV, Persian Empire, VIX and one or two others. Only the end user can be the best judge as to what suits them/household best.

EDIT: Just re-read your post and name of receiver. Until other teams adopt the receiver any new TM receivers only have 4D images on them.
    Thanks Abu you have a great wealth of knowledge,will try the 4D image and see how it goes,thanks for your time.