Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Best HTPC Sat PVR?

Title
    Thanks

Cool Best HTPC Sat PVR?

I'm a proud owner of a VU+ Solo2 and I was going to buy another one but I can't find a buyer for my HTPC. Plan B, use my HTPC!

So here's the question, what's the best way to use PC hardware as a PVR for 28.2E? I already have XBMC installed and I've been looking at softcams and DVB-S2 cards but I'm not sure if this is the way to go. Does anyone have a similar set up and can point me to the best hardware/software to use please?

Thanks
    tooner
    Box: VU+ Solo2 | Motor: TM2600 | Dish: Triax DH110 | OS: Openvix 3.0.714

Title
    Thanks
    I had a technisat satellite card in my htpc last year. It takes some getting used to, one of the main problems was video/audio codecs plus the fact you had to use a keyboard and mouse. My wife and daughter didn't like it at all pressing loads of buttons before the picture even came on. Recording was another issue, half the time it wouldn't work. You might get on great with it but to be honest you can't beat a good old E2 receiver.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2