Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Homeplugs?

Title
    Thanks

Homeplugs?

Should homeplugs be plugged directly into the wall. I have one in the wall and another going into an extension lead as I dont have a spare socket. I experience some glitching on some channels. Is this a problem?

Tx

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for the love gordyboy lol.. The talk of card share and anything to do with it, is not allowed on the forum, your use of homeplugs and getting glitching would suggest this is your set up.
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sure fire way to rule it out is to test it directly to socket, just temporarily. Glitching can be caused by several factors. Eliminate possible causes one at a time.

Tapatalker

Title
    Thanks
    Re The talk of card share and anything to do with it, is not allowed on the forum, your use of homeplugs and getting glitching would suggest this is your set up.

Well if this refers to card sharing I would suggest the forum be shut down as there are multiple posts on a similar note.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    There was no mention of card sharing. And using home plugs does not mean CS. I stream from from one box to another and have experienced glitch. I have had a dvb-t stick in my receiver and streamed live channels upstairs.

Must be something going on with you two? And why should the forum be shut down. Bit overkill there, methinks.

Tapatalker

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gordyboy View Post
    Re The talk of card share and anything to do with it, is not allowed on the forum, your use of homeplugs and getting glitching would suggest this is your set up.

Well if this refers to card sharing I would suggest the forum be shut down as there are multiple posts on a similar note.
    Because the issue of glitching is never experienced by anyone using a local card. It is the inevitable result of an over burden server.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stanman For This Useful Post:

duoduo (23-09-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanman View Post
    Because the issue of glitching is never experienced by anyone using a local card. It is the inevitable result of an over burden server.

Disagree. I have had internal glitching between Quad and Duo. I have noticed that cache gets maxed and box can't handle the stream.

Tapatalker

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    I have disagree. Have 200GB HP and regularly stream recording and never had issue.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Op and I may be talking different things anyway. He said he had issues with some channels so you guys may be correct. And true also is that the glitches I got were internal - no cam involved, no CS'ing involved.

Tapatalker