Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: uploading settings to gigablue 800hd se- get ttransfer fail with dreamset -help?

Title
    Thanks

uploading settings to gigablue 800hd se- get ttransfer fail with dreamset -help?

I have had a look round and cant find an easy how to on the best way to load a settings file to a gigablue hd 800 se with vix image. I always use dreamset but on this occasion when pressing transfer I get the message " transfer fail"

This is for a friend who is remote. Is there an easier way to load say catseyes settings ie download direct to box and if there is how does it work? ie what buttons to press?

Or is the gigablue only able to work with particluar settings like hannibal et al. Its the mtorised ones that are required, ie 42east - 30west. I dont have the vix image yet.

bmitie

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bmitie For This Useful Post:

iba (21-09-13)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    If you're doing it remotely, FTP will have to be open & portforwarded, not a great idea.

Can't he download the settings he needs from the plugin feeds?

Title
    Thanks
    thanks, i was in a hurry, remotely I meant by email and I was paraphrasing what he told me!! He is new to the box and cant access it all the time, ie it is in use.

I dont know which buttons he has to press to get to plugins!! can you help?