Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Hide XXX Channels from lists with parental control enabled.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Hide XXX Channels from lists with parental control enabled.

All,

Im on PLi image and when you are flicking through channels you can see the adult channels on the list and it doesnt look the best when others all the channels listed with 100% babes, Northern Birds, Asian Sluts etc in the channels list.

Having them locked is fine but not seeing them at all is preferable until the parental lock is disabled as when zapping you have to deal with the password popup even though you are only zapping.

Sic is this the way it works on other images (VTi / Dream Elite etc).

David

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Pretty sure from memory in Enigma1 you used to be able to hide the channels. I've tried hiding them or locking them on any of my receivers as I've not got any little ones to worry about. I will look into it though. I'll see what the Dream Elite image does, most likely be tonight.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Cheers.

You are correct. In enigma 1 they were hidden. Also it was easier to enable and disable the parental control with out going into menu several levels down each time.

They left alot of nice features behing in Enigma 1. But you cant mention that on alot of sites.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Had a look through the parental control on Dream Elite, i'm afraid it works like the other images, you cant actually lock the bouquets or hide the channels.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dfdream View Post
    Im on PLi image and when you are flicking through channels you can see the adult channels on the list and it doesnt look the best when others all the channels listed with 100% babes, Northern Birds, Asian Sluts etc in the channels list.

Having them locked is fine but not seeing them at all is preferable until the parental lock is disabled
    You don't say if you ever want to watch these channels but, if not, could you not simply delete them?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    They will reappear if background scanning is on or if you do a sat scan. (I have backgroud scanning enabled to pick up new channels).
    At least if they are there you can password protect them, but cant hide them.
    If they come up in a new scan or background scan then they are not locked.
    In enigma1 it was a matter of ticking "the hide locked channels" button.
    See screen shot.

http://www.pli-images.org/images/wiki/000847_pl3.png

Title
    Thanks
    Isn't it just a case of dumping them into their own bouqet? (never used E2 but surely it's possible).

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    @ dfdream, ashame Enigma2 does not have that feature. Never now it might get implemented in the future.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    @ dfdream, ashame Enigma2 does not have that feature. Never now it might get implemented in the future.
    Hi I have a dreambox 7000 and have it set up for various bougets by sats ie 28e 19e 13e etc then list my channels from in that sat position that I want to look at .Can this not be done on a Vu+ I hope so as I'm looking to buy one and I dont want to keep going through the whole list of channels and sats when I want to move the dish and veiw other channels.
    Thanks in advance .
    Regards Malcolm

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm159 View Post
    Hi I have a dreambox 7000 and have it set up for various bougets by sats ie 28e 19e 13e etc then list my channels from in that sat position that I want to look at .Can this not be done on a Vu+ I hope so as I'm looking to buy one and I dont want to keep going through the whole list of channels and sats when I want to move the dish and veiw other channels.
    Thanks in advance .
    Regards Malcolm
    Yes malcolm, that can be done. Most settings / bouquets are setup that way. Checkout the Enigma2 settings packs here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/foru...gma-2-Settings You can open them with Dreamboxedit on your PC to see how they are setup, you can easily change them to suit your preferences http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...oxEdit-3.0.0.0

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Yes malcolm, that can be done. Most settings / bouquets are setup that way. Checkout the Enigma2 settings packs here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/foru...gma-2-Settings You can open them with Dreamboxedit on your PC to see how they are setup, you can easily change them to suit your preferences http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...oxEdit-3.0.0.0
    Hi thanks for that I know how to sort out the 7000 had it a long time now so think the Vu will be more or less the same just waiting for them to arrive big bonus for me is the dual tuner I record most programs to watch later hoping the 2 tuners will be good for me.
    Regards Malcolm

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm159 View Post
    Hi thanks for that I know how to sort out the 7000 had it a long time now so think the Vu will be more or less the same just waiting for them to arrive big bonus for me is the dual tuner I record most programs to watch later hoping the 2 tuners will be good for me.
    Regards Malcolm
    Yes the settings/bouquets are far different. Just use Enigma 2 settings, 7000 uses Enigma 1 settings. Yes I was waiting a long time for a receiver like this to come along. Used to own a DM7025, so snapped on of theses babies up soon as they become available