Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Advise needed for Quad lnb installation for Sky Dish

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks

Advise needed for Quad lnb installation for Sky Dish

Hiya guys need some advise on what I may need to install a quad lnb on my digital sky dish which ive had up for a number of years.

My present setup is:
    Vu Duo (replaced sky hd box)
    twin feed (two tuners)
    sky dish with two feeds

Now I was looking at adding another twin tuner box such as a venton and quad lnb something like a Technomate TM-4 Super High Gain Gold 0.1dB QUAD LNB perhaps and running some twin coax into the bedroom.

Then I was unsure if I would need a TRIAX 40mm LNB Holder Kit

Now I have got the ladders out this morning and had a look and it appears I have a WNC Quad Lnb fitted with the pull down colar.

And I dont know what version of the oval dish i have and what type of lnb or adapters I may need.

Help and advise is much appreciated.

Some pictures below.

128569d1247340935-wistron-wnc-quad-lnb-wnc.jpg
    wnc-quad.jpg

Now I dont know if this is ok or if its better for me to replace it with a newer low noise lnb or if I would need an adapter at all.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    I read it as you only need two more outputs, this means you don't really need anything other than cabling. There are two free LNB ports.

How tall is the arm? 12mm or 20mm.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    IM just going to get more cable and def the new Lnb for now.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Hi markus,

I have a question, why not buy a unicable LNB. It can carry up to 4 feeds in one cable, which would mean no further cable would be needed from the Dish itself. The Vu+ Duo supports unicable and if the skybox HB does also, you would just change the LNB, get some splitters at home and configure the receivers.

Much cleaner installation, the only inconvenience might be the price of the unicable LNB.

Let me know what you think.