Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: BBC wins back FA Cup with BT Sport

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts

BBC wins back FA Cup with BT Sport

The BBC has secured a four-year shared rights deal with BT Sport that will see both broadcasters show live FA Cup matches from the start of the 2014-15 season. BT Sport will be screening FA Cup games during the 2013-14 season as a continuation of the rights it acquired from ESPN.

BBC One will broadcast the competition, with live streaming available across online, mobile and tablet devices.

Details of how many games will be shown live by the BBC and BT Sport have yet to be released. Radio coverage of the FA Cup will continues on BBC Radio 5 live until 2018.

The football tournament returns to the BBC after a two-year absence. Match of the Day presenter Gary Lineker tweeted: ‘Delighted to announce that the oldest, most famous and loved domestic cup competition in the world, the FA Cup is back on the BBC’.

“Bringing the FA Cup back to the BBC was something I really wanted to do,” said BBC director general Tony Hall. “I am so pleased that we have achieved it for football fans everywhere. There is something very special about big national moments on the BBC and the FA Cup should absolutely be one of them.”

Gavin Patterson, CEO, BT Retail: said: “BT Sport made a determined joint bid to retain The FA Cup rights because we believe it is one of the truly great club football competitions.” Jake Humphrey will lead BT Sport’s coverage.

ITV, who signed a two-year contract in 2012 for FA Cup and England internationals worth £90 million, will keep the Three Lions’ games – showing all home and away matches until 2018.

In addition to both broadcast deals, News Uk has won non-exclusive clip rights to The FA Cup, Community Shield and England matches for use across The Sunand The Times publications.

Code:
    http://advanced-television.com/2013/07/17/bbc-wins-back-fa-cup-rights-with-bt-sport/

My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (18-07-13)