Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Vu Duo Plus with Black Hole Image Use Guide

Title
    Thanks

Question Vu Duo Plus with Black Hole Image Use Guide

Hi, just purchased the Vu Duo Plus with Black Hole Image. I am a complete novice and it was set up by a friend of mine and want to find my way around it easily, so was wondering if anyone has a general user guide to help me use it along with adding bouquets etc and adding the pause/rewind? I would appreciate any help!!!!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Although this is brand new to the market, it is an enigma2 receiver so much of the set up will be the same for many different boxes.

As this is the home of Vix, you will likely get more suited advice over on the vu+ support forum which is predominantly Blackhole.

I expect the Vix image for these boxes will be released pretty much at the same time as general release for the receiver in the uk.

Until that time, do plenty of reading around. If you have not owned a Linux based receiver before, it can seem daunting, but there is plenty of friendly help about

Good luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Clabs For This Useful Post:

jennywelsh (10-07-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Vu Duo Plus with Black Hole Image Use Guide

Quote Originally Posted by jennywelsh View Post
    Hi, just purchased the Vu Duo Plus with Black Hole Image. I am a complete novice and it was set up by a friend of mine and want to find my way around it easily, so was wondering if anyone has a general user guide to help me use it along with adding bouquets etc and adding the pause/rewind? I would appreciate any help!!!!

What box did you buy? A Vu+ Duo or a Vu+ Duo2? There is a difference.

Tapatalker

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BubbleBalls For This Useful Post:

jennywelsh (10-07-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Vu Duo Plus with Black Hole Image Use Guide

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BubbleBalls For This Useful Post:

jennywelsh (10-07-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi I have bought the Vu+ Duo. Do you know where I would find any info to use this?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If this your first linux box, congrats, it is a good box. You decide what image you want on it but it sounds like the seller has installed Blackhole by default. There are several images you can use but personally, having tried others, I have grown to love VIX (this site is home of the VIX image) but the image you use is entirely personal. I cannot advise on specifics in Blackhole as it has been some time since I used it. I think their support site is VuPlus community - you may find more appropriate info.

However, I would suggest you try VIX image as the set up and support on this site is great. It would mean you flash with USB and you can follow this guide to setup various functions on the Duo

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...x-set-up-guide

Once done you will have a feature rich Sat box with the possibility to add further tweaks and plug ins. As Clabs said it can be daunting but slow and steady will reward you with good knowledge and understanding of these boxes.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by BubbleBalls; 10-07-13 at 22:55.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BubbleBalls For This Useful Post:

jennywelsh (10-07-13)

Title
    Thanks
    You have been so helpful. Many thanks.