Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Tweak to Infobar of Magic-HD-Noire skin for Ocram SHD Picons

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Tweak to Infobar of Magic-HD-Noire skin for Ocram SHD Picons

I thought some of you might like this small tweak to the Infobar and Second Infobar of the Magic HD Noire Skin. It uses Ocrams white transparent SHD Picons from the ViX picon plugin download section. I have attached as skin_user_Magic-HD-Noire.xml in a zip file.

Note: skin_user_{name of current skin}.xml to be saved to: /etc/enigma2/skin_user_Magic-HD-Noire.xml for this to work

screenshot_2013-06-15_18-50-34.jpg

skin_user_Magic-HD-Noire.zip

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sigpark For This Useful Post:

ADNAN0029 (28-10-13),Bangord30 (29-08-16),mrcookie (19-06-13),Stu (27-04-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    I dont understand the instructions. Particularly "Note: skin_user_{name of current skin}.xml to be saved to: /etc/enigma2/skin_user_Magic-HD-Noire.xml for this to work"

Can someone help me understand please?

I have done the following: Download magic HD Noire skin, Select it and restart.
    Transferred the extracted file "skin_user_Magic-HD-Noire.xml" to /etc/enigma2/ and also restarted.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Any changes to a system file will be lost on an update. What should be done for making amendments to a skin is
    1- create a 'skin_user_{name of current skin}.xml' (i.e. for ViX-Night you would have: skin_user_ViX_Night_HD.xml);
    2- in that file you place all the screens you want to take precedence over the system skin;
    3- ftp the file to etc/enigma2, and
    4- restart E2.

Now the screens in that file will always override the screens in the skin in use. And a settings backup will save this file as well, so on a restore you get it back, and on an image update it doesn't get lost.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (15-08-16),sigpark (11-07-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Can I clarify when using this technique, do I need to add JUST the changes I want in that skin or list ALL things to do with that screen name?

So, for the OpenVix CustomEPG plugin, I usually add either one or two widgets added to the screen name "GraphicalEPGPIG".

The screen name, "GraphicalEPGPIG" has a lot of other Widgets and Panels and other things within this screen name so when creating the skin_user xml file, do I have to include all these existing widgets, panels, etc as well as my own widgets for the screen name "GraphicalEPGPIG" or just the one or two widgets I wish to add?

In other words, does the image look at all the widgets/panels listed in both the original skin xml and user xml file for this specific screen name or does the image ignore all widgets listed in original skin xml file for this screen name and use the skin_user xml file instead?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Any screen (e.g. "GraphicalEPGPIG") that's in the skin_user will only be used from the skin_user. So whatever is in the original screen in the active skin will not be used.
    So yes: you need to copy all contents you actually want to use and change/add/delete anything to your liking in the skin_user screen.

In other words: if the screen "GraphicalEPGPIG" in the user_skin would be empty, the screen on OSD would be empty as well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (30-08-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Any screen (e.g. "GraphicalEPGPIG") that's in the skin_user will only be used from the skin_user. So whatever is in the original screen in the active skin will not be used.
    So yes: you need to copy all contents you actually want to use and change/add/delete anything to your liking in the skin_user screen.

In other words: if the screen "GraphicalEPGPIG" in the user_skin would be empty, the screen on OSD would be empty as well.
    Sorry, I do not understand the answer.

The question asked was:
    Do you have to have the whole skin added with edits?

Rephrasing the same question:
    Can you have just the bits you want to change/add?

The question is being asked as part of the custom EPG mods. If the changes can be achieved by only adding a skin_user file, the original skin can be left untouched.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (30-08-16)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The idea of the use of skin_user is to leave the active skin in place (as any changes in that will be overwritten in an online image update) and only add screens you actually want to change to the skin_user. So the format of the skin_user would be:
    Code:
    <skin>
    	<screen name="xxxxx" etc
    	</screen>
    	<screen name="yyyyy" etc
    	</screen>
    </skin>
    In this example all screens from the active screen will be used, with the exception of the screens ' xxxxx' & 'yyyyy', which will be used from the skin_user.

The question of bbbuk was if those screens that are in the skin_user would be read from the active screen, and then amended for the contents of the screens in the skin_user; the answer to that is 'NO'.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (30-08-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks. It's not what I was hoping but I can still make use of it.

I just need the entire screen name (and it's widgets, etc) in user_skin xml file. This means that I only need to keep track of changes Vix makes to original skin files where it pertains to the screen name "GraphicalEPGPIG" so other changes to skin I can ignore.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    In fact there's a hierarchy in reading and using skins during E2 start up. From low to high level these are:
    1- skin_default
    2- default skin (that's ViX-HD)
    3- active skin (chosen by the user)
    4- skin_user (created by the user)
    when a higher level is absent, the skin from the next lower level will be used. But all are read (and hence in RAM) as soon as E2 is active.
    Last edited by Rob van der Does; 30-08-16 at 12:37.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (30-08-16)