Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: No power to motor/lnb after full boot - can't factory reset.

Title
    Thanks

Question No power to motor/lnb after full boot - can't factory reset.

Hi,

Box is behaving really weirdly - its been erratic at times at best, but now its just not working properly. Ive it connected to a motorised dish and when I first power the box up, when its booted 50% its sending power out over coaxial fine, the motor is powered I can move it and the sat finder is on - by the time it gets to the channel screen its switched the power off and I can't see any reason why!

The box i set to work with USALS, last week it was working fine, I've turn it on and off multiple times - I've flashed about 8 images to it now, always the same behaviour. Also no matter how many times I flash, nor via USB or mini web when it boots up I can see my long and lat still in the USALS and factory reset nor full factory reset does anything but make the box crash.

Anyone know whats going on? Is there anyway to get the box back to defaults and flash again as this appears to be a software rather than a hardware issue.

Title
    Thanks
    hi mate i am having the same problem for 2 days now i even flashed system and installed BH same.

Title
    Thanks
    I found the solution - the box works so strangely. Easiest way to test is to stick a sat meter just next to the box so you can easily see when its powering things up. I found this.

If you go to setup the dish, it won't send power out if you go to positioning settings for some odd reason, nor when you go into turner settings. It will if you go to "sat search" and change it to predefined transponder - then select a sat to turn it to - it'll also do auto scan for channels (which is no use when you're trying to set it up!)

To get it power on with the positioner set up etc, you need to download some multi channel bouquets and select a channel (anything will do) you'll find that it now sends power out continuously on the coax as it tries to turn the dish to channel - now you can go into positioning settings or any of the others and the power remains so all the controls work…now you can set it up properly!