Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: hdd problems

Title
    Thanks

hdd problems

hi all my hdd has stoped working i can see it in box menu but when i try to initialise it comes up with error: time out elapsed, sorry. so thinking hdd was dead i brought a new 1 and same thing happens, i've updated box via the online option and same again just wondered if anyone else has come across this. ive tryed mounting it etc and that comes up with mount error could it be that new hdd is dead as well? its just strange that i can see it in hdd menu etc. any help apreaceated (spelt wrong lol) thanks

ps its a genuine vu duo, and a 1tb hdd

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    We need a little more info such as .

What exact image ( build number ), you can get this from Menu> Information> About.
    also what plugins if any do you have installed, specifically do you have TSpanel installed now or have you had since the last time you installed the image.

Personally regardless of the above questions i'd just backup any important info such as cam configs and reflash the image from scratch to rule out a image corruption.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    hi build is 678, plugins i got are 1channel, crossepg, et livestream, icefilms, ondemand and rte player dont know what tspanel is so dont think ive eva had it installed. is it easy to backup stuff? i'll try reflashing shortly.

thanks

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If you have the OnDemand plugin installed you dont need to install a separate RTE player as the one in the OnDemand player is actually more updated than the now obsolete stand alone version. The same applies to CrossEPG as the image has a very highly customized version built in by default.

I would try reflashing the image just to be sure.

This tutorial shows how to back up your image, the same principal applies to making a settings backup as it's identical process that uses the backup manager rather than the image manager.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    thanks just realised something while trying to backup that im having the same issue with my usb stick as well just reformatted it in comp an all and still getting same issue does this mean im gonna have to start from scratch again?

thanks

Title
    Thanks
    right im having real issues now it wont reflash ive tryed all the usb slots but it wont read it when i power off and on again pls help someone

thanks

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    As your on 678, you could try flashing the image via the image manager.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    i cant as my usb wont mount so ive got nothing to download anything to aaaarrrrrrgggggg bloody box, any other ideas?

thanks

Title
    Thanks
    hi again all fixed the hdd problem with a reflash after buying a new usb stick redownloading image and got it reflash but now having a issue with crossepg when i try to download it its comming up with error service unavailable check tuner configuration anyone had this issue?

thanks