Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ViX Autobouquets + DBedit

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    DBEDIT isn't straight forward either...
    Yes: SetEdit has a lot of options no other editor has. You really should try it: in Demo it is fully functional, but can only save up to 20 changed channels.
    It's really a pity hardly anybody wants to pay for an excellent piece of software; that's the only reason you find so much info on DBEdit & DreamSet.
    I have to admit, I am biased by my use on different boxes over the last 4 years (yes, I paid for a license ) which is why I suggested a trial. I totally agree that it is a very comprehensive piece of software, covering a huge array of receivers, but sometimes its software implementation can be a pain in the *****

Title
    Thanks
    appreciate your honesty i realise nothing can be completely perfect. happy if i can get rid of <n/a> in my favourites.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts

Re: ViX Autobouquets + DBedit

Why not edit cats eye/ vhannibal list and send to receiver. Then run ABM/AB.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

yana (29-06-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Why not edit cats eye/ vhannibal list and send to receiver. Then run ABM/AB.
    many thanks for your reply. This is what i was doing vhannibal motor edit in dbedit. then send to box which is what i would like for bouquets 19/23. All good no problems then i run abm which is a fantastic plugin and i get all the listings i would like, but also <n/a>'s of previously deleted bouquets.
    i thought it might have to do with the fact that abm allows you to 'keep bouquets' ( thats the setting i used) ?? after you have ran the scan and its them despite being manually deleted which are coming back time after time.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Sorry, I meant to say, leave the ABM/AB bouquets as they are without any changes. Didn't realise that you wanted to edit te AB/ABM bouquets too.

If you want to hide complete bouquets, this is possible, but you will lose the numbering on AB created ones (not too sure about ABM). There is a hide section feature on ABM, and a "hack" on AB.

The process would be:
    Download settings from net, edit with editor, transfer to receiver, run ABM/AB. You get the customised Vhannibal/Catseye settings plus teh automated AB/ABM ones at the top.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Sorry, I meant to say, leave the ABM/AB bouquets as they are without any changes. Didn't realise that you wanted to edit te AB/ABM bouquets too.

If you want to hide complete bouquets, this is possible, but you will lose the numbering on AB created ones (not too sure about ABM). There is a hide section feature on ABM, and a "hack" on AB.

The process would be:
    Download settings from net, edit with editor, transfer to receiver, run ABM/AB. You get the customised Vhannibal/Catseye settings plus teh automated AB/ABM ones at the top.
    many thanks for you answer
    the method you describe is what i have been doing. the n/a bouquets do appear on the same place as previous deleted bouquets.
    i make desired changes to vhannibal bouquets. ftp the box. in favourites i get the desired list with no n/a's.then i run abm which as you say puts the requested files above my other bouquets which is fine.
    on top of that it places <n/a> bouquets on the exact location where i previously had deleted some custom made bouquets only. if i manually delete them they are away until i run a next abm scan.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    You can use the editor SetEditDream that doesn't have these issues. See
    Code:
    www.setedit.de
    Hi Rob,

Seteditdream is working fine and took n/a's bouquets away. I now have abm running for 28.2 and use vhannibal for 19.2 and 23.5.
    working a treat. many thanks for your advice

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry to dig up an old thread but Setedit just gets stuck on "Preparing communication". Been like that for 10 minutes now..... and have to kill it from task manager. The settings are all correct as DBEdit and DreamSet work fine.

Not something I'd expect from a paid software.
    Penta 85cm dish (70.5E <> 15W) == Vu+ Uno // Fibo Gregorian 1.2m dish (37.5W <> 42E) == Dr. HD F15

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Well, that must be your SetEdit configuration not being setup properly: I just tested it here and it works fine as ever (as I would expect from paid software ).

And I'm not sure why you compare that with the settings of other software
    They are obviously not related.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12