Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Battery charging problems...new battery?

Title
    Thanks

Battery charging problems...new battery?

Hi all,i am using windows vista,and recently my dell laptop battery would not charge at all,so i purchased a new battery (non dell) and initially would charge but was intermittent when i plugged power cable in when it would decide to charge.

The charger is fine,as its keeping the laptop going and symbol states its also plugged in.

Now i cannot get the new battery to charge, even after letting the power die on the battery,3rd time since purchased,after initial full charge the first time??
    Can this be overcome by some settings,or do you think it maybe a hardware issue
    BCFC

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Some Dell laptops have 'issues' with a faulty power connector, (i repair a lot of laptops, and see this often) they appear to be charging the battery but in fact they are not, they infact in reality struggle to maintain a connection for the power at all, it's unlikely that a battery that new would die that quickly. my experience says the power connector ( the bit you plug the power plug INTO on the laptop) it's a tricky repair and not one i will undertake, you require a hot air gun and a very steady hand, so as not to damage the motherboard!

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,navman,i always get power from the adaptor to laptop,as it always powers on even if battery is removed,but like you sayit just hit and miss moreso now with it charging the battery.
    Do you think its the problem you say,with the connector to the motherboard,as i am willing to take a look? is it a dry joint,or has something usually come loose/detatched.

Thanks Olly
    BCFC