Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How install and configure inadyn

Title
    Thanks

How install and configure inadyn

Installation and configuration of inadyn on VTI and VIX images for being able to use service no-ip:
    1) Download enigma2-plugin-extensions-inadyn.vuplus_1.2-r0_mipsel.ipk.
    2) Copy it with ftp on the receiver in the /tmp folder
    3) connect to the receiver in telnet and type the following command: ipkg install /tmp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-inadyn.vuplus_1.2-r0_mipsel.ipk
    4) Modify in the receiver the file inadyn.conf in /var/etc in the following way:
    --background
    --update_period_sec 060 (indicate time interval with which it comes controlled if the ip address is changed)
    --username (yours login of the service)
    --password (yours password of the service)
    --dyndns_system default@no-ip.com
    --alias (the address that you have set up to your host, es.: mioweb.no-ip.com)
    --forced_update_period 86400
    --log_file /var/log/inadyn.log (set up this for the log file)
    5) Modify the /usr/bin/enigma2.sh and before the line:
    LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libopen.so.0.0 /usr/bin/enigma2
    add:
    inadyn
    6) reboot the receiver. If all it has been executed correctly, read the /var/log/inadyn.log in order to verify the correct run of the system.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Skin For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

andyblac (05-10-10),biker1 (18-03-12),Cus2k (15-10-10),frankfraud (21-12-10),jareks49 (06-10-10),jd58 (14-02-12),nuttyboy (18-11-12),Sicilian (06-10-10),simoandson (17-01-15),TheChemist (18-03-17),walid2010 (11-09-12)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Great post Skin, thank you. Made it a sticky
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Skin (06-10-10)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    followed the instructions exactly. had to reflash box as system would not reboot after the changes

Title
    Thanks
    I've make this installation at my friends 3 times, without problems. I suppose one problem with your configuration of the /usr/bin/enigma2.sh.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Skin View Post
    ...5) Modify the /usr/bin/enigma2.sh and before the line:
    add:
    inadyn
    6) reboot the receiver. If all it has been executed correctly, read the /var/log/inadyn.log in order to verify the correct run of the system.
    Do you mean to add "inadyn" infront of "LD_PRELOAD...", or on the line above...?

Title
    Thanks
    cd /home/root
    inadyn

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    did you test on VIX or VTI

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    you may have noticed other members getting error code 127 when installing this ipk. likewise i get this same error code. have you any idea why this might be

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Below is the error received when trying to install the ipk package for inadyn
    root@bm750:~# ipkg install /tmp/*.*
    Installing enigma2-plugin-extensions-inadyn.vuplus (1.2-r0) to root...
    Configuring enigma2-plugin-extensions-inadyn.vuplus
    //usr/lib/opkg/info/enigma2-plugin-extensions-inadyn.vuplus.postinst: line 2: ex
    it0: not found
    postinst package /tmp/ecm.info.
    * Cannot find package /tmp/ecm0.info.
    * Cannot find package /tmp/hotplug.socket.
    * Cannot find package /tmp/smb.log.
    * ERROR: enigma2-plugin-extensions-inadyn.vuplus.postinst returned 127

When i go to /usr/lib/opkg/info/enigma2-plugin-extensions-inadyn.vuplus.postinst I can see that the file contains the following
    #!/bin/sh
    exit0

so anybody got any idea on how to resolve this

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ok finally i've figured this out. inadyn is in fact already installed in the vix image. it just isn't activated. so you go to /etc/inadyn.conf and edit the file with your individual details for your dyndns/no-ip account. then telnet to the box and simply type inadyn. this starts the inadyn process and you will find the inadyn logfile in /tmp. however should you restart the Vu+ you must remember that you will need to restart inadyn also. this problem is solved by updating the /usr/bin/enigma2.sh file and adding the command line 'inadyn'. then just reboot the box and all should be good

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fintannl For This Useful Post:

jd58 (14-02-12),Sicilian (15-10-10),Skin (15-10-10),walid2010 (11-09-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fintannl View Post
    this problem is solved by updating the /usr/bin/enigma2.sh file and adding the command line 'inadyn'. then just reboot the box and all should be good
    It's correct.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fintannl View Post
    did you test on VIX or VTI
    tested on vix and vti.

Title
    Thanks
    work fine
    tested on VTì

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    all, i have battled with this for some time. prior to vu+ i have 3 years of experience in dm800 and have always used inadyn. yet i am still not happy. what i siad initially is not true. inadyn is not by default on the vix image. my guess here is that when i installed the ipk supplied by skin the inadyn files were imported to the necessary directories. so the inadyn.conf file was in the /etc/ directory. now i really want this to work, but for starters the ipk inadyn file does not do what is required. likewise the other option of loading inadyn and inadyn_script does not work. i have crashed my vu+ so many times trying to get this right as its a great plugin. so i accept no credit. i'm using vix 1.1 (what an image) and nothing suggested on this forum currently corrects the inadyn conundrum.

what i did do was prove hat it was possible to get inadyn to work on a working image but every time i reboot the box it hangs. so i'm sorry, as of yet i have not solved this problem. what i find is strange is that when i remove all the files and executable commands the box sill wont boot under the vix image. simply weird.

bottom line. inadyn is a hugely important plugin and i really hope that vix can supply this as a workable downloadable solution. my knowledge (be it some years at linux) is not good enough to get this solution to work manually.

Title
    Thanks
    On my VU+ with VIX or VTI works fine, if i reset the router the inadyn change ip. If i reboot the receiver, the inadyn works too. Other friends has resolved with my guide. I use no-ip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast