Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: DreamboxEdit + Bouqets Question

Title
    Thanks

DreamboxEdit + Bouqets Question

Does anyone know how I can stop DBE "fixing" the bouquets I am loading into it. To explain further, to match the uk channel lineup, ie 101 for BBC, there is the padding channels added to make the numbers match. I am finding sometimes that I grab the bouquet from here, for example the Mr Mister one, and its fine, but once I save it and send it to the box, it cannot be reopened in the same format as DBE thinks that there are a load of errors (the padding spacer "channels") and promptly deletes them.
    I cant figure out how to stop it doing it, can it be done ?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Probably not te anser to your question, but why not use Auto Bouquet Maker or Lraizer's Auto Bouquets

Both will make lists as per the official lists.

With reghards to your question, have you enabled "allow duplicate entries" in Dbedit
    Tool > Options > Advanced

Title
    Thanks
    Yes, allow duplicate entries is ticked.
    Here is a more detailed explaination of exactly what is happening :
    1. I downloaded and unzipped the Mr Mister file 31/03/2013.
    2. Fired up the latest version of DBE and opened the bouquet file above. No issues - all padding "channels" can be seen.
    3. DBE forces a "save" before enabling ftp upload to the box, so click save, then ftp upload, all goes to the box no problems. Close DBE.
    Now....if I want to open this bouquet again in DBE, I get a Warning box telling be "errors in userbouquet tv file(s) (TV) : 558" and "errors in userbouquet radio file(S) (Radio) 932" - "check the log for information".
    It also says "all errors are related to invalid definitions and references within the selected settings files. This means the files are now cleaned up and contain only valid items. You can now go on editing the settings".
    All I can do is click OK, and when I do, all the padding channels are gone, and the numbering is therefore out.

Now this hasn't been a problem before as all I have needed to do is open the file and ftp it after a couple of regional edits....however the most recent Mr Mister file (16/04/2013) is giving me this error on first load, so I cant ever see it with the padding in.

hammers
    To add back the 'invalid' definitions/refrences go to:

Tools > Show/Restore Files > Restore checked files to original

This should add the markers to restore the channel numbering.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hammers For This Useful Post:

siross (05-05-13),tronads (06-05-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Thankyou so much Hammers, that tip worked a treat.
    I had to click "no" to the save prompt at the end, but it doesn't matter, I have the list I wanted.
    Superb.

Title
    Thanks
    I am also experiencing the same issue of the markers disappearing, but hammers's tip did not solve the problem for me.

Is there any way to prevent DBE from seeing the markers as errors?

Thanks.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to alpine For This Useful Post:

banie01 (02-10-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alpine View Post
    I am also experiencing the same issue of the markers disappearing, but hammers's tip did not solve the problem for me.

Is there any way to prevent DBE from seeing the markers as errors?

Thanks.
    I'm having the same issue.
    I like to edit the ABM generated file to include the Irish Channels and a few others, I personally find that combining the NI settings with the ROI settings gives a great 28.2 list (RTE's and Setanta along with the UK channels and ITV HD installed at 103).
    However when I use DBE to edit the channel list, when I reload the list to my Vu Duo, all the place holder channels are visible on the channel list, i.e 1-100 are on the list before BBC1, how can I edit the list to my liking and keep the placeholders invisible?
    I have enable duplicates selected in DBE and have searched through threads for advice on this without success,I don't know what else to try and any ideas will be much appreciated!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    A bit of a work around/hack I know...
    But what I usually do on a fresh flash is run ABM for all the providers I want.
    Download them to DBE & create a favourites folder for 1 to 100.
    Copy all the channels I want to this new folder & delete all the other bouquets.
    Then send the new Favourites bouquet to the box.

Then run ABM again setting the main bouquet to this favourites & the sky region you want as the first provider.
    This way, you have 1 to 100 as favourites & 101 to whatever following the official sky numbering of the region you want.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

cwebb66 (02-10-13)