Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Icecrypt S35xx receivers

Title
    Thanks

Icecrypt S35xx receivers

Recently I came across Icecrypt S3550HDCCI receiver.
    It seem to run some sort of Linux (as it is possible to browse receiver internal filesysten via smb) and is generally alright. It even got quite well implemented DLNA player that seem to work OK for most of my files.

Questions:
    1. What kind of Linux app is there? It doesn't seem to be E1 or E2.
    2. Are there any teams supporting these?
    3. What is the difference (apart from 50 quid) between S3500 and S3550? So far the only difference apart from price and visual appearance seem to be flash size (32MB vs 256MB).
    The box claims that 3550 is Linux-based but screenshots are exactly the same for both receivers. Surely, 3500 is also Linux-based?

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    It will probably be a closed source operating system pretty much the same as the Openbox or Skybox. It is linux but still pretty cack in all honest.
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

Title
    Thanks
    So this is yet another box for sharers then?
    Pity as I was hoping to grab one of these boxes from Maplin and see how it performs.