Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Satellite recordings network Sharing

Title
    Thanks

Satellite recordings network Sharing

This is possibly more an network question but I'm wondering if the following is possible.

Currently I have in main room my VU Duo with large harddrive and many recordings. I would like to have another satellite box in another room and be able to access the recordings from my duo in the main room. Is this possible?

Possibly I would need to build a server which has access to hdd on duo and pulls the recordings onto another drive which can be shared? Anyone done something like this?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    yes, sharing your Duo HDD is quite easy if everything is on the same network....

Title
    Thanks

Yes all on same network. I'm using vix image. So would there be some add on required for this?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    if you're using VIX on both boxes, just enable NFS or Samba, then from the network browser, just mount the hdd on the other box.

Title
    Thanks

I see so they can both share the same hard drive to record! That's brilliant!

In that case for a second box do you know of any cheap sat Linux box capable of loading vix image? I don't see the need for as good a box as my main duo in spare room? Any ideas?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Re: Satellite recordings network Sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Paul41 View Post
    I see so they can both share the same hard drive to record! That's brilliant!

In that case for a second box do you know of any cheap sat Linux box capable of loading vix image? I don't see the need for as good a box as my main duo in spare room? Any ideas?
    Look towards the xp1000 from the sponsor. This is a cheap but respectable E2 receiver and is fully supported by the ViX image and team.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.