Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bug in 3.0.632 - Web api /web/deviceinfo

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by slasktrat View Post
    Hi

I have a Vu+ Duo, running ViX 3.0 and several HTPCs with xbmc and vu+ addon to view tv in other rooms.

After I upgraded to 3.0.632 the xbmc vu+ addon does no longer work. The reason is that http://vuplus:80/web/deviceinfo now throws an error:

Code:
    web.Server Traceback (most recent call last):
    <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'module' object has no attribute 'getEnigmaVersionString'

/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/web/server.py, line 132 in process
    /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/web/server.py, line 167 in render
    /home/vix/oe-alliance/builds/openvix/vuduo/tmp/work/mips32el-oe-linux/enigma2-plugin-extensions-openwebif-0.1+git2+c88e2b157eef41be75161faf7c3d2c4d9f15023a-r19.72/git/plugin/controllers/base.py, line 77 in render
    /home/vix/oe-alliance/builds/openvix/vuduo/tmp/work/mips32el-oe-linux/enigma2-plugin-extensions-openwebif-0.1+git2+c88e2b157eef41be75161faf7c3d2c4d9f15023a-r19.72/git/plugin/controllers/web.py, line 535 in P_deviceinfo
    /home/vix/oe-alliance/builds/openvix/vuduo/tmp/work/mips32el-oe-linux/enigma2-plugin-extensions-openwebif-0.1+git2+c88e2b157eef41be75161faf7c3d2c4d9f15023a-r19.72/git/plugin/controllers/models/info.py, line 174 in getInfo
    <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'module' object has no attribute 'getEnigmaVersionString'
    I have several TV's running off my Duo, I simply push signal through a RF modulator and then use a standard booster to all other TV's.
    Didnt know you could do it another way .. What is the setup you use and is it better than RF mod ?
    Vu+ Duo --- Vix Apollo --- Magic HD Night Skin

Title
    Thanks

Bug in 3.0.632 - Web api /web/deviceinfo

RF Mod provides the worst possible signal.

Streaming the recording or broadcast over your network provides identical quality to the source.

So if you have a DLNA TV you *may* be able to hook directly up to your Satellite box and receive HD/SD. If you don't have a DLNA TV that works properly then you can have a 2nd cheaper box or media streamer such as the popcorn Hour A100 or A110 or a HTPC instead.

The difference in picture quality is worth a small(ish) investment.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pacha2 View Post
    RF Mod provides the worst possible signal.

Streaming the recording or broadcast over your network provides identical quality to the source.

So if you have a DLNA TV you *may* be able to hook directly up to your Satellite box and receive HD/SD. If you don't have a DLNA TV that works properly then you can have a 2nd cheaper box or media streamer such as the popcorn Hour A100 or A110 or a HTPC instead.

The difference in picture quality is worth a small(ish) investment.
    Ok thanks, I'm lucky my RF mod does give a v good signal ( Not HD granted ) but good enough, Saves buying several boxes for each TV I guess.. LOL
    Vu+ Duo --- Vix Apollo --- Magic HD Night Skin

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by slasktrat View Post
    I fixed the problem (thanks to LraiZer and this post)

1. FTP to the box
    2. Change directory to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenWebif/controllers/models
    3. Rename info.pyo to e.g. info.old
    4. Upload this file
    5. Restart enigma2
    Thanks! Worked perfectly on my Gigablue Quad HD on the latest Vix (I was trying to use the enigma2 pvr plugin in XBMC but it was failing because /web/deviceinfo was producing an error)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12