Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Vu+ Player for Android now available on Google Play

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Good Wi-fi both ends does work

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiz1 View Post
    how can i get this working when i'm outside the home park etc, using bt wifi
    I have managed to get it working from other locations using a Dynamic dns address from dyndns.com HOWEVER it is very sensitive to both good UPLOAD from your home address and good DOWNLOAD from a wi-fi location.

I have NOT managed to get it working well using a 3G connection, too much buffering, and I would not try HD content at first until you have proven SD in my experience.
    Resurrected Vu+Solo2 /1.2Mdish/TM2600/PannyGT50
    Vu+ Zero/1.2M dishslave/28.2/EpsonTW5300
    Firmware version: OpenViX 5.3.035 (2020-06-21) Driver date: 20190429 Kernel version: 3.13.5

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Grinnders For This Useful Post:

kiwiz (27-05-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Guys,

Am having issues streaming, this are my connections and what am doing.

I have a Vu+ Duo2 2 Tuners both connected to Astra 28.2 E on Sly UK.
    Image Vix Version 3.0
    Build 808
    Kernel 3.3.8
    Static I.P and connected via LAN from the Hse WIFI.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Android of Course) with Vu+ Player App connected. Setup with the Duo2.
    Am able to view Screen Shots, EPG and everything else but Streaming.

I have the
    "No Zap Before streaming/Multi-tuner" CHECKED.
    "Enable Transcoding" Port 8002 CHECKED
    "Default Box Profile" CHECKED

Problem I think is the player am using, I have several Android Players ie:-
    MX Video Player
    VLC
    Mobo Player
    mVideoPlayer
    Wondershare Player

None of which would work, or stream any video.

Now that's me, please tell me where am I going wrong, is it the Player settings, or Duo2 settings?

Not sure as I pretty sure I ave followed all guides and settings...THANKS in advance.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I've used this AP on my S3 (GT-I9035T) and can offer the following:

Transcoding only works when "Enable Remote Streaming" is CHECKED otherwise it will do live streaming which will require lan speed connection.

In the Advanced Settings of the box profile, Set Transcoding parameters should be UNCHECKED because OpenVix does not support the API that would be used to set these. I assume that it will then use whatever you have set as default in your Duo2.

With these settings, I have used the internal player successfully. I've also used vplayer, VLC Android beta and Wondershare Player. My preference is in that order (ie internal player, vplayer....)
    I have MX Video Player Pro which sadly refuses to work (maybe I've got something wrong).
    OpenVix:
    VU+Duo2 -- 2 x Twin internal DVB-S2 & DVB-C/T2, 2 x USB dual DVB-T (Avermedia Twinstar [AF9035], Hauppauge Nova-TD [Dib0700]) = 8 tuners
    VU+Duo4kse -- internal Sat FBC & twin DVB-C/T2, 2 x USB dual DVB-T Hauppauge Nova-TD [Dib0700]

5. The Following User Says Thank You to stick50jr For This Useful Post:

Kenyan (13-01-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks stick50jr, will try this and get back to you when I try all the above settings.

Much appreciated for the quick reply.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    @Kenyan

If you're using version 1.2, there are no Advanced Settings & transcoding in the box profile must be enabled. This version of Vu+ Player does not use the API. My apologies for erroneous advice above.

Perhaps your problem is no portforwarding. If you're trying to stream/transcode from the web (WAN) then you need to forward some external ports on your router public address (or dyndns) to the internal LAN IP of your Duo2 on ports 80, 8001, 8002.

I assume you have been able to stream okay over your LAN.
    Last edited by stick50jr; 13-01-14 at 14:49.
    OpenVix:
    VU+Duo2 -- 2 x Twin internal DVB-S2 & DVB-C/T2, 2 x USB dual DVB-T (Avermedia Twinstar [AF9035], Hauppauge Nova-TD [Dib0700]) = 8 tuners
    VU+Duo4kse -- internal Sat FBC & twin DVB-C/T2, 2 x USB dual DVB-T Hauppauge Nova-TD [Dib0700]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to stick50jr For This Useful Post:

Kenyan (13-01-14)

Title
    Thanks
    stick50jr I have forwarded the following ports - 80, 8001 and 8002 on my router.

Am able to stream to my Mac via iDreamX and having installed VLC for MAC, streaming is all OK even with my slow 2MB internet.

Now as for my Tablet, am still having issues, with the video player, I have :-
    CHECKED No zap before streaming/Multi-tuner
    CHECKED Enable transcoding Port 8002
    CHECKED Default Box Profile
    CHECKED Enable Remote Streaming

IP Address: 192.168.XX.X
    Dyn.DNS ADD: BLANK
    Port Number: 80

Video Play Internal Player

Am able to get EPG, grab Screenshots, and everything except view video....Am wondering could it be that the Tablet is rooted with an Unofficial ROM?
    Not Sure will keep trying different players...to see what the issue is...

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Vu+ Player for Android - version 2.0 has just been uploaded to Google Play!

Should be available for download soon.

Some time has passed since the last release. In the meantime, many things have changed:

New Android-devices,
    New receivers (STB),
    New Android OS-versions,
    New E2-images,
    New E2-drivers,
    etc.

We have also received many requests for new features and also some bug-reports.

While the interface still looks more or less the same (some hate it, others adore it), there has been many changes and improvements under the hood. We have tried to take into consideration what's mentioned above when developing this release. We still have some more things which did not make it into this release (for instance updated help-instructions) so you should expect another release of Vu+ Player not too far in the future.

We want to thank our fantastic Vu+ Player beta-group for all their help. Their continuous support, suggestions, testing and feedback make up a huge part of this project. Thank you!

We also want to thank the users of Vu+ Player for Android. Your very positive feedback has convinced us that the development of Vu+ Player was the right thing to do and encourages us to continue developing it.

Regards,

Tilleke and the Vu+ Player Team

Change-log:

-better transcoding support. You can set bitrates and framerates independently from what has been set up in the transcoding-plugin on the STB. You can set your preferred rates in Advanced Settings (for LAN and WAN respectively) or change them on the fly using the Internal Player. With some E2-images the change of bitrates will be applied without interrupting the streaming. The bitrate is the setting which has most impact on the quality and fluidity of the streaming. Please keep in mind to use a low bitrate in WAN (remote) while in LAN you should use a higher bitrate. Of course, transcoding requires a Vu+ Solo2, Vu+ Duo2 or Vu+ SoloSE.

-Added dedicated Transcoding-buttons. No further need to enable transcoding beforehand.

-You can now set up a second profile and disable IP Autodetection. In 99% of all cases you only need one profile since Vu+ Player is able to determine if you are either in LAN or in WAN (remote). However, under certain circumstances (for instance with some VPNs), the IP Autodetection may not work. To resolve this, you can set up another profile for WAN-usage, also flagging the Remote (WAN)-flag. In this way, you can have one profile for LAN and another one for WAN.

-Support for the Https (SSL)-protocol has also been added. Standard port 443 is set as default but you can change it if necessary.

-Support for Streaming Authentication (must be enabled in OWIF-plugin on your STB).

-You can now also change the standard username (not any longer a fixed value = “root”). This requires that you have first enabled this on your STB which may require some expert-knowledge.

-When using the Signal Meter, you can now also get screenshots from your TV-screen. While this feature might not be necessary, it can prove to be useful under certain circumstances.

-Added a shortcut to VPN-settings in the main screen.

-Added support for some more external video-players.

-New settings screen

-Fixed some characters not showing up correctly in Bouquet and Channel lists. This happened only with certain images.

-Fixed some incompatibly issues with recent Android OS-versions (saving of settings could cause problems).

-Better compatibility with various E2-images.

-Many other code-changes and improvements.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tilleke; 27-05-14 at 02:02.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tilleke For This Useful Post:

Alanp (27-05-14),judge (27-05-14),kiwiz (27-05-14),Larry-G (27-05-14),Rob van der Does (27-05-14),timofee (27-05-14)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Fantastic mine has just updated and the picture and sound are Brilliant thanks for the heads up

i am taking my S3 to bed so that i can check it out better in the morning lol
    Last edited by nsw9154; 27-05-14 at 03:11.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to nsw9154 For This Useful Post:

kiwiz (27-05-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Brilliant effort, thank you.

Title
    Thanks
    could you do a tutorial idk how do to that.

Title
    Thanks
    thanks VU+ brilliant thanks for releasing a new version

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwiz View Post
    thanks VU+ brilliant thanks for releasing a new version
    Vu+ dont make this, it's tilleke's work.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    my bad big thanks to tilleke

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    For transcoding with gigablue, should I enter the same details that is on transcoding plugin in the advanced setting??

I did the above and tried transcoding, it comes up with a warning box is not recognised with a list of transcoding capable vu plus boxes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Duo
    Vu+ Solo
    Gigablue HD 800 SE

All with latest vix image - Autobouquets - SgtFlipflop 28.2e Picons - WebradioFS

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by s1m0nw View Post
    For transcoding with gigablue, should I enter the same details that is on transcoding plugin in the advanced setting??

I did the above and tried transcoding, it comes up with a warning box is not recognised with a list of transcoding capable vu plus boxes
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    What regards transcoding, Gigablue is not supported - only Vu+'s own boxes i.e. Solo2, Duo2 and SoloSE. However you can use the app for normal streaming with Gigablue and all the other functionality.
    Last edited by tilleke; 27-05-14 at 18:05.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to tilleke For This Useful Post:

s1m0nw (27-05-14)

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast