Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Vu+ Player for Android now available on Google Play

Title
    Thanks
    I have a vu+duo and my question is can I use the app so I can watch a different channel to what is being shown on the receiver. If so could you provide me idiot guide to setting it up

Cheers for the help in advance!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickeybhoy67 For This Useful Post:

pjames35 (24-09-13)

Title
    Thanks
    There's not much to explain, the only thing is to make sure you tick the "no zap before streaming" on the receiver profile.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Setup as per info on this thread and once your channels show in services section just choose the one you want to watch, no idiot guide needed very simple to do. Make sure you tick the box no zap before streaming so it doesn't change the channel on your receiver.
    Last edited by duoduo; 23-09-13 at 22:42.
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeybhoy67 View Post
    I have a vu+duo and my question is can I use the app so I can watch a different channel to what is being shown on the receiver. If so could you provide me idiot guide to setting it up

Cheers for the help in advance!
    yes you can select multi tuner on setup

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pspmixer For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (09-10-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Asks for a local IP address when trying to setup with Dynamic DNS

Hi there.

Got this app working on my Local LAN fine with my Vu+ Solo2. I can also use it fine from my iphone remotely with e2RemotePro.

But trying to setup a remote connection over the internet using Nexus 7 (4.4) and the settings page insists on a local IP address. Surely the Dynamic DNS name negates the need for this and allows the router to redirect?

Am I missing the blindingly obvious.
    Resurrected Vu+Solo2 /1.2Mdish/TM2600/PannyGT50
    Vu+ Zero/1.2M dishslave/28.2/EpsonTW5300
    Firmware version: OpenViX 5.3.035 (2020-06-21) Driver date: 20190429 Kernel version: 3.13.5

Title
    Thanks
    It probably doesn't need it. It is just the validation on the settings page not letting you save without it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks. Got me thinking and tried connecting over a 3G hotspot rather than office guest WiFi. Worked a treat. Clearly its using some ports that are different to me e2remote config. 😀

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Firmware version: OpenViX 5.3.035 (2020-06-21) Driver date: 20190429 Kernel version: 3.13.5

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I am loving this app (vu+ solo2 & nexus 7 2013 on KitKat) but when streaming a recorded movie to a tablet device is there any reliable way to fast forward or jump forward in the stream timeline. I try the drag option on the recorded hidden timeline but it doesn't reliably take me where I want and often dumps me back to the beginning.
    cheers

Title
    Thanks
    Set up and working great as a remote and remote recorder but playback is awful on my HTC one android, even in WiFi. Tried a few different players all with the same issues. Anyone got similar probs with this?

Title
    Thanks
    Try vlc

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    how do you stream from remote guy's , kindly give details . i've managed to get it up & running in the house & it's good .

Title
    Thanks
    does anyone know how to get this working on my Kindle Fire. I already have it on my Samsung S3 and when I try to download from Google Play it just says 'already installed '. I would prefer to have it available on both devices if possible, so is there a way to do it

thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ok. so a little more investigation. Streaming Mp4 files (uploaded using DCC) from box is consistently good using the drag technique. I have just used it for BBC2 recording (Dead Poets Society) and that too works as predicted. However another recording Idris Elba - King of Speed (Same channel) takes a long time to find the selected release point of the drag technique, with sound eventually arriving (frozen picture) and when eventually the picture arrives, lip sync is a long way off.

I have no answers yet, so suspect more investigation required.....

Title
    Thanks
    how can i get this working when i'm outside the home park etc, using bt wifi

Title
    Thanks
    i hope an update will solve the issue really.

used bh and it worked pretty well

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast