Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vu+ Player for Android now available on Google Play

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanman View Post
    How you get this to work outside of the house on 3/4G?

forwarded the port to the box and changed it but keeps saying unable to connect
    same here but it still connects even with the unable to connect message ?
    VU+Duo2 5.2.025

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Couple of comments:-

I can't bring my TM twin out of standby, can do so using Dreamdroid. Putting into standby is OK.
    Could you consider bringing stream current even to the fore instead of having to press info first?

Many thanks.
    My apologies, it does bring the Twin out of standby. The only time it does not is when the phone to stb message is displayed.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tilleke View Post
    Thanks for your feedback.

An update is in the works and will permit more flexibility as to networking-settings.
    Thank you. I just created a 2nd profile to go round the problem.

I have multiple receivers, and it would be nice to be able to choose which one on the first page/panel.

Also, could the application look for a spare tuner (as Open Webif does) rather than changing the channel on the TV that someone (SWMBO!) might be watching.

Title
    Thanks
    Shizik How did you change the default port? I have been trying to do this on my solo2 but cannot find out how anywhere. Thanks.
    Last edited by holey78; 07-04-13 at 18:17.

Title
    Thanks
    Works perfect and setup in no time ok.
    The default player does not subtitling dutch records and tv streaming, i'm deaf.
    With the VLC player the subtitling is ok, can you implemented in the standard player dutch subtitling?
    Thanxs!
    VU+Duo latest VIX image&version

6. The Following User Says Thank You to duocams For This Useful Post:

fed666v (24-09-13)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gordyboy View Post
    this is great but just checking i can get all 28 east channels ok on the vu+ duo but when i ty to get something on 13 east no joy error message is unknown media error. Any help appreciated
    Yes I have some channels that wouldn't stream... I think they are 'shared pmt' transport streams and you need to select the correct program stream to succeed. Currently the only android player that does this for me is MX Player (there is a free version and a 'no ad' version). This player works with VU+ Player. The OP has suggested that he'll look at enhancing the internal player in this regard. Also, the Android VLC team (free & 'no ads') have agreed to implement this feature because the Windows VLC already supports this.

So for now try out MX Player and then wait for other upgrades
    OpenVix:
    VU+Duo2 -- 2 x Twin internal DVB-S2 & DVB-C/T2, 2 x USB dual DVB-T (Avermedia Twinstar [AF9035], Hauppauge Nova-TD [Dib0700]) = 8 tuners
    VU+Duo4kse -- internal Sat FBC & twin DVB-C/T2, 2 x USB dual DVB-T Hauppauge Nova-TD [Dib0700]

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by machare View Post
    Also, could the application look for a spare tuner (as Open Webif does) rather than changing the channel on the TV that someone (SWMBO!) might be watching.
    This already works on my VU+DUO, but you need to enable the option 'No Zap before streaming/Multi-tuner' within your Receiver Profile Settings
    OpenVix:
    VU+Duo2 -- 2 x Twin internal DVB-S2 & DVB-C/T2, 2 x USB dual DVB-T (Avermedia Twinstar [AF9035], Hauppauge Nova-TD [Dib0700]) = 8 tuners
    VU+Duo4kse -- internal Sat FBC & twin DVB-C/T2, 2 x USB dual DVB-T Hauppauge Nova-TD [Dib0700]

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lscolman View Post
    I use MX player as my video app.
    Good choice. So do I. Apart from being a good player, it is the only android player that handles 'shared pmt' multiple program transport streams. That is, I haven't found any transport streams that fail to play on MX Player.

cheers
    OpenVix:

Title
    Thanks
    working very good with my TM 2T and Twin OE , thank you

Title
    Thanks
    I need your advice with the vu+ android app settings please m8s,in the settings it says Enter Dyn-DNS- Address what does that mean .And when it asks for iP address ,is it the router iP or the computers .I hope you don’t mind me asking those questions ,that’s why I need your advice please .

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    IP is router IP
    Dyn-DNS should be in there already
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

13. The Following User Says Thank You to duoduo For This Useful Post:

tinbin300 (23-04-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    sorry cant remember if i had to actually put Dyn-DNS in now, if i had it will be your receiver IP mine is 194.168.4.***, hope this helps
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

15. The Following User Says Thank You to duoduo For This Useful Post:

tinbin300 (23-04-13)

Title
    Thanks
    It does thank you ,how good is it on a android tablet .

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lgleave22 View Post
    sorry cant remember if i had to actually put Dyn-DNS in now, if i had it will be your receiver IP mine is 194.168.4.***, hope this helps
    The IP address is your stb IP on your LAN (as per your example). If your internet connection has a static address or if you have a dynamic DNS service then you should be able to access the stb from the internet (ie WAN) as well.

I have only tested this on my LAN and it works well.
    OpenVix:

18. The Following User Says Thank You to stick50jr For This Useful Post:

tinbin300 (23-04-13)

Title
    Thanks
    The app works fine on iOS other than parental control.

I have a VU+ Solo2 using ViX with AutoBouques and I have set up parental control on the Adult section.

This works fine on the Solo2 when viewed through the TV and will only display the channels if the correct PIN is entered.

If you use the VU+ app on an iPad or iPhone then it ignores the parental control and just displays the channel.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast