Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vu+ Player for Android now available on Google Play

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks

Vu+ Player for Android now available on Google Play

Vu+ Player for Android

Vu+ Player for Android is now available on Google Play.

It was developed with and for Vu+ users in mind but it should work with any receiver compatibile with Enigma2.

Here are some features:

- Internal video-player with OSD (On Screen Display). No need to download and install external video-player although many others are supported.
    - Multiple connection profiles. All receivers on your network can be added
    - Browse the EPG and individual channels
    - Manage timers (add, edit, delete) either from EPG or manually. This can be done even when away from home
    - Search EPG
    - Grab screenshots from live TV
    - Manage recordings
    - Send on-screen messages
    - Satellite signal strength meter for dish alignment and adjustment
    - Integrated help (English, Italiano, Deutsch)

Some screenshots are attached as well.

If you have any questions, suggestions for improvements, bug-reports etc, please feel free to post them here.

Rgds,
    tilleke
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to tilleke For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

abu baniaz (16-02-13),adela123 (13-01-14),broos5 (14-10-16),covenantsland (13-05-13),cwebb66 (27-11-13),dee1979 (18-05-13),Donnie (16-02-13),doverai (01-03-13),irishchris (17-02-13),judge (16-02-13),Lothar2 (16-02-13),maggiesfan (26-11-13),MarsArtis (16-02-13),Maxwell (18-02-13),mcquaim (16-02-13),mhoobag1 (19-02-13),razine (23-02-13),sale22 (17-02-13),sasan3 (17-02-13),Sicilian (18-02-13),swiper (17-02-13),tinbin300 (19-03-13),yello37 (18-03-17)

Title
    V.I.P Member
    Thanks
    Thanks tilleke, great app and transcoding works great from solo2 to my s3
    Vu Duo 4K - Vu + Solo4K - Vu + Uno4K - Vu+Uno - Vu+Ultimo4K - Vu+ Zero - Vu+Solo-SE (In Black Evo ) - PrismCube

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Nice app, works great with other E2 boxes too...

Title
    Thanks

Re: Vu+ Player for Android now available on Google Play

Brilliant app. Have been using dreamdroid up until now but layout and extra controls of this app are perfect

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

ET8500
    80cm motorised triax TD88

Title
    Thanks
    Just installed on Nexus 7, easy to set up and looks really good.

Title
    Thanks
    this is great but just checking i can get all 28 east channels ok on the vu+ duo but when i ty to get something on 13 east no joy error message is unknown media error. Any help appreciated

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gordyboy View Post
    this is great but just checking i can get all 28 east channels ok on the vu+ duo but when i ty to get something on 13 east no joy error message is unknown media error. Any help appreciated
    Yes I have some channels that wouldn't stream... I think they are 'shared pmt' transport streams and you need to select the correct program stream to succeed. Currently the only android player that does this for me is MX Player (there is a free version and a 'no ad' version). This player works with VU+ Player. The OP has suggested that he'll look at enhancing the internal player in this regard. Also, the Android VLC team (free & 'no ads') have agreed to implement this feature because the Windows VLC already supports this.

So for now try out MX Player and then wait for other upgrades
    OpenVix:
    VU+Duo2 -- 2 x Twin internal DVB-S2 & DVB-C/T2, 2 x USB dual DVB-T (Avermedia Twinstar [AF9035], Hauppauge Nova-TD [Dib0700]) = 8 tuners
    VU+Duo4kse -- internal Sat FBC & twin DVB-C/T2, 2 x USB dual DVB-T Hauppauge Nova-TD [Dib0700]

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Any plans for an iPhone version?
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    V.I.P Member
    Thanks
    There is already a Vu app for IOS but it has not been updated for quite some time.
    tilleke may be able to tell you more himself but I do know he only had a contract to work on the Android app.
    It would be great if Vu got him involved with upgrading or developing a new one for IOS.
    Vu Duo 4K - Vu + Solo4K - Vu + Uno4K - Vu+Uno - Vu+Ultimo4K - Vu+ Zero - Vu+Solo-SE (In Black Evo ) - PrismCube

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Donnie For This Useful Post:

Clabs (18-02-13),mcquaim (21-02-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Re: Vu+ Player for Android now available on Google Play

Nice app, however when searching services in the app it does not populate the epg details.

Currently connecting to my vu duo. Running build 600

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    WD 1TB Blue Desktop Drive 3.5" SATA-III 7200RPM 64MB =Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File
    Kingston DataTraveler SE9 8GB USB =PTS

Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    Seagate 500GB 3.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Barracuda Hard Drive 7200RPM 16MB=Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File
    Kingston DataTraveler SE9 8GB USB =PTS

Both Duo's Plugins, Lraizer Autobouquet, Cacheflush, Mediascanner, Picture player, Movie Browser & Openwebif

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mickyblueys View Post
    Nice app, however when searching services in the app it does not populate the epg details.

Currently connecting to my vu duo. Running build 600

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Hello, first off great app but I'm getting the same problem. I will try and give as much detail as possible. I am using your app with vu+duo with vix 3.0 build 562. My OpenWebif settings are yes/14402/no/08001/no. All settings are entered correctly in your app as everything except this problem work great.

If I press

Services/Then select any bouquet/ all channels show 'No EPG available'

If I then press on a channel and select EPG there is no data. If I then press Full EPG, I get 'Could not connect to your receiver! Check your connection and/or settings and try again'

This only happens with TV and not Radio for some reason. I can also search the EPG with no problems.

This fault does not happen with the app I previously used to use, Dreamdroid (not gloating just letting you know incase it is of any help to you in sorting the bug out).

Thanks for all your work in making this app and thanks in advance for any help in sorting this bug

14. The Following User Says Thank You to gedclarke For This Useful Post:

tilleke (21-02-13)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanks for the bug report.

Any chance you can use a setting editor and save your settings and then send them to me using the email found in the apps page on Google Play?

Thanks.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tilleke View Post
    Thanks for the bug report.

Any chance you can use a setting editor and save your settings and then send them to me using the email found in the apps page on Google Play?

Thanks.
    Sorry for being a noob but which settings do you require (vu+ player, openwebif, vu+ player or all 3)? Also do you want a screenshot of settings or is there a program i can use to copy them?

I will help any way I can but I'm sorry I'm not sure how to do what you need. As always thanks in advance.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gedclarke View Post
    Sorry for being a noob but which settings do you require (vu+ player, openwebif, vu+ player or all 3)? Also do you want a screenshot of settings or is there a program i can use to copy them?

I will help any way I can but I'm sorry I'm not sure how to do what you need. As always thanks in advance.
    I am sorry for not being clear enough.

There are tools called Settings Editors (to be installed on a PC) which permit you to edit, import and export your bouquets and channel lists. I was thinking about one of these tools so you could export your Bouquet and Channel list. Some good tools are EnigmEdit and DreamBoxEdit. They are quite straight-forward to use. I don't think I am allowed to put a link but you can find them easily by googling.

If you have any other doubts, please let me know.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tilleke For This Useful Post:

gedclarke (21-02-13),tinbin300 (10-06-13)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gedclarke View Post
    Hello, first off great app but I'm getting the same problem. I will try and give as much detail as possible. I am using your app with vu+duo with vix 3.0 build 562. My OpenWebif settings are yes/14402/no/08001/no. All settings are entered correctly in your app as everything except this problem work great.

If I press

Services/Then select any bouquet/ all channels show 'No EPG available'

If I then press on a channel and select EPG there is no data. If I then press Full EPG, I get 'Could not connect to your receiver! Check your connection and/or settings and try again'

This only happens with TV and not Radio for some reason. I can also search the EPG with no problems.

This fault does not happen with the app I previously used to use, Dreamdroid (not gloating just letting you know incase it is of any help to you in sorting the bug out).

Thanks for all your work in making this app and thanks in advance for any help in sorting this bug
    I have the same problem on my ultimo running VIX 3.0 build 600 Thanks
    VU+Duo2 5.2.025

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Alanp For This Useful Post:

gedclarke (21-02-13)

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast