Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Important - TM-2T users please read! Check fan settings to ensure fan is running!

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts

Exclamation Important - TM-2T users please read! Check fan settings to ensure fan is running!

Please can all TM-2T users check that their fans are switched on and running. We've just found a small bug in ViX that may possibly be in 4D image also. The fan as default is off. We advise that in normal running that the fan is set to on.

Menu > Setup > System > Temperature and Fan Control. Using left and right buttons turn your fan on to approx 500RPM (or higher).

Standby can remain off.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

harsh111 (15-05-14),ianbev (29-03-14),mhoobag1 (10-02-13)

Title
    Thanks
    I think this issue is also on the TM-Single as well

I have had to turn mine on after flashing with image 569 - havent tried any later images

Title
    Thanks
    Ok so I have turned the fan onto full speed and it doesnt want to work. It worked once but hasnt since and now my box is running at 62 degrees celsius, which cant be good. Any ideas what else I can try anyone? I am running the latest Vix image.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    You haven't opened the box for to fit a HDD by any chance? If so double check it is still connected. It is easy to forget.

Title
    Thanks
    I think its working again, I took the lid off to double check I had plugged the fan back in which I did, im thinking the hdd cable was maybe preventing it from spinning, anyway its working for now, see if it continues to what is an average temperature for these boxes? Ive got the fan set at 1000rpm (double the recommended) and its slowly crept up to almost 50 degrees, that a normal temperature?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    50 degrees + seems pretty normal on my box. I wouldn't worry about it.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    If you check the picture in the TM Single thread, I experimented a few configurations and opted for the one with the cable next to the card reader. This avoids the cable going under the fan.

If your HDD is constantly on for Permanent Time Shift or writing debug logs, heat will be generated. I use a USB flash drive. My temp is 47 on a tm twin with fan rpm at 1300

9. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

judge (19-02-13)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    If you check the picture in the TM Single thread, I experimented a few configurations and opted for the one with the cable next to the card reader. This avoids the cable going under the fan.

If your HDD is constantly on for Permanent Time Shift or writing debug logs, heat will be generated. I use a USB flash drive. My temp is 47 on a tm twin with fan rpm at 1300
    Don't think my TM2T has ever been under 50, thanks for the cable tip, will try it out.
    Currently at 56.
    grab2.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    thanks for the info!

I'm gonna ask a noob question - is it wise to keep it at full speed? It won't damage anything will it? I keep it in a closed unit, so I don't want it to overheat but I don't know if keeping the fan at full speed will ruin anything long term or will it just use for power to run?

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    tm fans are inherantly noisy, i have had 150 tm nano's and 95% just end up getting on your nerves. talked directly with technomate service support and was told from the horses mouth to disable the fan, ha ha jokers. lets see what happens when these boxes start bouncing back...