Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Sun, Times take Premier League mobile rights

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Sun, Times take Premier League mobile rights

News International, the publisher of The Times, The Sunday Times and The Sun, has secured the near-live mobile and Internet rights to 380 Premier League games per season under an exclusive three-year deal.

The rights were previously shared by ESPN, the American broadcaster, and Yahoo!, the internet company.

Mike Darcey, News International’s chief executive, and former COO of Sky, described the deal as “an important step forward in our digital strategy and securing the long-term success of our titles”.

“This is a major breakthrough for the company, allowing us to combine our rich heritage with cutting-edge technology to transform the experience we are offering our subscribers. They will now have access to the most compelling moments in the most competitive football league in the world at a time, place and format that suits them.”

Digital subscribers will be able to watch up to eight 30-second clips during Sunday and weeknight matches on their smartphones and tablets. Clips from the Saturday 3pm games, which cannot be shown live under European legislation, will be available from 5pm. Video highlights will be available through the newspapers’ websites.

Commercial terms were not disclosed but it is understood that News International bid more than the combined sum of £30 million paid by ESPN and Yahoo under the last deal.

Code:
    http://advanced-television.com/2013/01/24/sun-times-take-premier-league-mobile-rights/
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (24-01-13)