Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which anti-virus do you recommend?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts

Re: Which anti-virus do you recommend?

Been using Bitdefender for yearssssss. Although a bit expensive I've never had any issues
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts

I have pretty much used them all over the year's. Rite now im using MSE and its been great for well over a year. I was thinking about putting kaspersky back on though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    I have pretty much used them all over the year's. Rite now im using MSE and its been great for well over a year. I was thinking about putting kaspersky back on though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Me too im on micros**t security essentials and it been better than AVG in my opinion and has caught everything thats been thrown @it so far on my win7 pc!
    Vu+Ultimo + Vu-Solo 1.1mtr Alloy dish + 60cm fixed, TM HH motor, hate footy LOVE motor-sport.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

I've been reading this thread with interest...and its amazing how the "mine's bigger than yours" comes bubbling out. Lol.

So here's mine. I've used most over the years
    Norton decent, did slow pc a bit though but a bugger to uninstall all features really gets in deep.
    Kaspersky personally didn't rate it. Couldn't get away with the software layout and functionality.
    Mcaffee again didn't really rate.
    Avg free found it easy to navigate and didn't have any problems.
    Microsoft security essentials that's what I'm using now and touch wood haven't had any problems.

....but my favourite and what I rate as the best is trend micro. I thought that was spot on. Easy to navigate and found every little beasty, that had found its way on to my PC. Also didn't slow system down at all. Would still use it but I'm tight and don't want to pay for security no more. But also once every do often I run their online free "house call" scan just for peace of mind. Google it.

One last thing I will add though is even the most basic anti virus software should be adequate for any PC............ As long as you don't visit any naughty sites or download any dodgy files e.g. torrents.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    WD 1TB Blue Desktop Drive 3.5" SATA-III 7200RPM 64MB =Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File
    Kingston DataTraveler SE9 8GB USB =PTS

Vu+Duo
    Vix Hades
    Seagate 500GB 3.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Barracuda Hard Drive 7200RPM 16MB=Cross EPG & 256mb Swap File
    Kingston DataTraveler SE9 8GB USB =PTS

Both Duo's Plugins, Lraizer Autobouquet, Cacheflush, Mediascanner, Picture player, Movie Browser & Openwebif

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    If you go through the available tests over the last years you'll see that there's no such thing as 'the best'.
    Hence why I said apparently lol
    Vu+ Duo
    Vu+ Solo
    Gigablue HD 800 SE

All with latest vix image - Autobouquets - SgtFlipflop 28.2e Picons - WebradioFS

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Thanks for all the advice guys, ended up sticking with Microsoft security essentials and purchased Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro. Picked up a few bitch virus's but finally cleaned everything up with the help of MrCharlie over on Malwarebytes forum. Normally I'd give in and just re-format, but the guys over on Malwarebytes forum are very knowledgeable and very helpful. So a big thanks to MrCharlie from Malwarebytes Forum Was amazed at the adivice and the amount of free tools out there to get rid of malware.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

mcquaim (18-01-13)

Title
    Thanks
    Just for added piece of mind i would recommend emsisoft antimalware free and key scrambler free both fantastic at what they do

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    You got links Jcm?

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    Eset wins it hands down for me, great detection, low on cpu & ram

Title
    Thanks
    What about on a mac, does anyone use antivirus
    , if so which?

Title
    Thanks

Avast

I am a pro pc builder and recommend Avast 100% - set it up to update everything automatically (definitions & program) and you will never get another problem. Add to this Malware bytes and you have an un-beatable protection software system.
    Remember only one anti-virus program and one Malware program can be installed. Any old programs MUST be removed 100% before installing any new program or you are asking for trouble.
    del

Title
    Thanks
    I have Kaspersky .If you do internet banking with Barclays you get it for free.
    I had before Norton an Mcafee and never was really happy-because it was not free

Title
    Thanks
    I prefer Avast Free Antivirus.It is very good and also free.I have been using this for years along with Malwarebytes free anti malware.

Title
    Thanks
    Vipre Internet Security for me, been using the Vipre AV for over 8 year never failed me then switched to Internet security when they released it.

Title
    Thanks
    free avast is the best for me.And Ad aware as standby on boot.I put this on every PC I had in my hands the last 5 years .Working with Win XP pro SP3 without updates and never had any problems.Even on downloading from dangerous sites.
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast