Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VU+ Duo IR Remote Codes in HEX Format

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry for my bad english and my bad explanation.
    You are right, I've set an activity that power on several devices including VU+DUO at the same time, but Vu+ DUO doesn't power up.
    I've set a button with PowerToggle and it works well. But if I use an activity to power on DUO, it doesn't. I see the green light of IR blinking, but no response.
    If you know the Logitech configuration procedure, I've tried to modify the on/off behavior of the single divice (DUO), setting a 2 button remote, command PowerToggle for both on and off and modifying the time of impulse 1 sec for ON and 0,5 for OFF. In this case DUO powers up but doesn't stand by.
    With the single button configuration and a 1 sec time, it powers up, but in stand by it gets the too long time an go in power off menu.

Is it clear now?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Yep, the problem is clear, but the solution isn't (at least not for me). I have the DUO (using powertoggle) in the setup of many Harmony's, but not the Touch.
    Maybe the best way is to contact the Logitech Customer Care (from within your account); they are normally very helpful.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    They are at the third configuration, and still the problem persist
    I thing that they have some problem to configure the correct timing in power on and power off for the single button devices, in particular for DUO, because it has different management of ir command in case of long press.
    With your configuration Touch rocks, but its very useful the concept of "activity" introduced by Logitech to manage multiple device configurations like mine: TV+decoder+switch HDMI powered all on and off with one touch ( take in mind, that the activity change TV source to HDMI port 1 and the switch to the correct HDMI output to TV1, for a total of 5 ir commands!)
    Waiting for Logitech!
    Last edited by DeStRo-W; 19-12-12 at 14:34.

Title
    Thanks
    DeStRo-W, I have the exact same problem with my brand new Harmony Touch, and it's driving me nuts. I've tested all possible sane and insane configurations to make the PowerToggle for Vu+ Duo work, but with no luck. Would you be so kind to keep us posted in this thread whether Logitech manages to resolve it for you or not. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DeStRo-W View Post
    They are at the third configuration, and still the problem persist
    I thing that they have some problem to configure the correct timing in power on and power off for the single button devices, in particular for DUO, because it has different management of ir command in case of long press.
    With your configuration Touch rocks, but its very useful the concept of "activity" introduced by Logitech to manage multiple device configurations like mine: TV+decoder+switch HDMI powered all on and off with one touch ( take in mind, that the activity change TV source to HDMI port 1 and the switch to the correct HDMI output to TV1, for a total of 5 ir commands!)
    Waiting for Logitech!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Not sure about the Touch but for any other Harmony that would have this problem (if the regular solutions don't work) I would learn the powertoggle-button 'RAW'. That usually solves all problems.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Not sure about the Touch but for any other Harmony that would have this problem (if the regular solutions don't work) I would learn the powertoggle-button 'RAW'. That usually solves all problems.
    Thanks for the advice. I haven't seen a RAW option in the Touch, but I have an Harmony One I've used for a similar set-up for years, so I'll try to configure the same setup with the One that I have with the Touch during the day and see if there is a difference.

I'll post back here once I know.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The 'One' has no problem in this area.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    The 'One' has no problem in this area.
    I hear you.

I think it's a good test however to ensure that I'm not doing some fundamental stupid mistake with configuring the Touch. It could be valuable information to Logitech support I think ("Just make it work like in One!" )

One more thing though. As DeStRo-W wrote, the problem with the PowerToggle IR command in Vu+ Duo with the Harmony Touch is only related to starting/stopping an activity. If the PowerToggle is assigned to a physical button or soft button on the display of the Touch, it works perfectly. So I'm not sure programming as RAW would fix it in this case, since the command obviously works "stand alone", just not in the activity when also starting TV, AV receiver, etc.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aaddie View Post
    I think it's a good test however to ensure that I'm not doing some fundamental stupid mistake with configuring the Touch. It could be valuable information to Logitech support I think ("Just make it work like in One!" )
    I've now tested what I believe is the same exact set-up on the Harmony One, and it works flawlessly. I've also used the same delay settings:

power-on delay 1500
    inter-key delay 100
    (input delay 1000) - Option only available in Harmony One
    inter-device delay 500

So this problem seems to be completely Harmony Touch related and not merely a user-error in configuration. I'll contact support in the matter as well and hopefully one day it can be resolved since I don't really want to go back to my One (both have their advantages and disadvantages )
    Last edited by aaddie; 21-12-12 at 08:33. Reason: Missed a quote bracket

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I agree with your comment.
    I have a similar problem (with a completely different device) for all my Harmony's; Logitech is trying to fix that for weeks, with no result so far.

Title
    Thanks
    If it helps anyone, I was having issues with the standby not working correctly so I set up the Harmony activity to use a custom power button and set it to '0' (panic button), this meant it switched the box to BBC One HD instead of standby, then when the Harmony "switched it on" it just pressed the '0' key again. I also setup a powertimer to put the Vu Duo into deep standby at 3am and wake up at 6am every day but I've since changed that to a GUI restart at 5.30 instead.

It's not an ideal solution as it doesn't take the box into standby but I thought switching it to BBC One would be better than nothing as it was like a "channel reset".

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    what is not working correctly with your standby?

I use 2 different power button in my myharmony configuration. On is Power Toggle and Off the the sequence Menu, Up, OK, OK to reach standby with the menu. Perhaps you have to adjust it if your menu is a bit different and you can add the option to switch to BBC1 at the start of the sequence.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    It was just getting confused sometimes where the harmony thought it was in standby when it wasn't, so switching to the tv activity put the Vu Duo into standby.
    I might try that sequence for the standby next time i'm playing with the remote.
    Cheers!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    T H E confusion is normal because the vu does not have discrete on/off. I have power toggle on my display so that I can fix the confusion manually. With my trick on is sometimes off but off is always off. So no complete solution but a half one😊

Ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Something news?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast