Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: newbie needs help with amiko alien 2 e2 setup

Title
    Thanks

newbie needs help with amiko alien 2 e2 setup

hi guys
    bought one of these to try out. set up sparks and runs well apart from one little issue. have to manually stop/restart mgcmd each time i turn box on!
    but my main issue is that i cant for the life of me get e2 image to load! tried a few tutorials to no avail, so looking for a bit of help and advice

Title
    Thanks
    Anybody help here?

Title
    Thanks

newbie needs help with amiko alien 2 e2 setup

1st of all where was your box purchased??

Which image is flashed??

There are clones about and they don't take some images.

Have you flashed an e2 image on the box yet?

Can you boot into e2 by pressing the ok button while you turn the rocker switch to "on"??

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by morashid679 View Post
    1st of all where was your box purchased??

Which image is flashed??

There are clones about and they don't take some images.

Have you flashed an e2 image on the box yet?

Can you boot into e2 by pressing the ok button while you turn the rocker switch to "on"??
    1, bought of reputable company thru ebay (don't think I should mention the name here)
    2, has AMIKO_ALIEN2_1.2.51_E2_Boot installed
    3,tried to flash e2, but when I power off box insert insert usb pen, power on the box whilst holding ok but. press the down button to select enig then the box just hangs with enig on the display and nothing happens!
    at this point I have tried turning off the box and reboot holding the ok button and after forc I select the right button but I get T TO!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The easiest way to install an enigma image is to do it from within spark. Then restart and press and hold the appropriate buttons at boot to choose which image to boot into, Spark or Enigma. It could just be that your image installed is corrupt. I have had my box for about 7 months now and to be honest I just got fed up with all the silly problems. Needs rebooted for no reason and just slows down and freezes. Spark still does not have a proper 7 day epg. After trying just about every image and back up going just got annoyed. It has been binned. Lesson learned. Even worse when I posted on another forum that I was not happy with the box and had disposed of it and asked for recommendation for something with proper enigma support but did not need to up to the same spec as my Ultimo and Duo I got banned for life. They don't seem to like people complaining about it it would seem.

I hope you have better luck. When the box is running smoothly in the hacked enigma it is quite a nice little box. Sadly these smooth periods for me were not long enough.