Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Help with motor set up

Title
    Thanks

Help with motor set up

I have a stab 120 I have it all set up BUT which sat would be the best one to fine tune it on and will i need to go though all the frequency's.
    the reasons for this is that i do not think i have all the channels on all the sat's
    any help please

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    where r u from and so we can tell what is ur best sat.
    u can do a manual scan if u like but same time u can load one of the many good settings ready made
    Nobody knows everything. We were born to help and aid each other... That's why we are all here, to share, teach and learn.
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

3. The Following User Says Thank You to grtmoby For This Useful Post:

icom (18-09-10)

Title
    Thanks
    sorry Iam in Exeter in the south west of the uk LAT: xxx N LONG: xxxx
    I tried to load one of the channel list but after it loaded I lost sig on some of the channels that I had and I have done a manual scan but I do not think that all the channels are there as on Astra 2A/2D 28.2E i only have just over 700 channels come up when i do a manual scan and i think there is a lot more on that sat ???
    Last edited by grtmoby; 18-09-10 at 17:43. Reason: edit long and lat for OP security

Title
    Thanks
    hi,

for me in south germany I set up my 100cm dish with USALS rotor on 1.0° W.....
    With this I get nearly all channels on that dish betwen 55W and 75E.

Title
    Thanks
    What box are you using? the best setting are the new likra settings for the motor some channels will need amended in the list but this can easily be done using dbedit.Your due south satellite in exeter is 0.8w so with the motor at ZERO move the motor around the pole until you pull in thor 0.8w then check the arc..