Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VIX image

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Thanks

VIX image

ive been reading through the vis image discussion and got fed up as it is now at 52 pages,

can any advise whether this is a good image?

as dream-elite is no longer, whats teh best option now? and finally what image gives best picture output

thanks guys

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by richca View Post
    ive been reading through the vis image discussion and got fed up as it is now at 52 pages,

can any advise whether this is a good image?

as dream-elite is no longer, whats teh best option now? and finally what image gives best picture output

thanks guys
    It's really up to you to test the image and see whether you like it... What one person finds great, another person might really hate... Think of marmite (sorry if you don't know this, or the adverts associated with it ) ... you may love it or hate it (but I don't think the image is like that from the reviews I've read).

Best advice I can say is to take a backup of your current image using the backup scripts (look at the top of this forum), then install the VIX image to your box. If you like it, great. If not, then install the backup you just took, and use what you were previously using...
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pooface For This Useful Post:

andyblac (17-09-10)

Title
    Thanks
    My opinion is the VIX image is slightly better than the OpenPli image. picture wise there is nothing it

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    In my view the DreamElite image was head and shoulders above other images. Green Panel/Blue Panel, lots of submenus to configure the box, DTT USB support, Wireless support.
    Also the DE forum was good for support of English speaking users.

That's all gone now. Of the other major images (PLI/VTI/VIX) there is not a great deal of difference as all have good and bad points (although the Cool TV Guide on the VIX is the clincher for me). However the difference with VIX is that the support here is head and shoulders above other forums and the guys here go out of their way to answer all questions and deal with the issues and problems.

For that reason I will stick with this image and upgrade to verson 1.1 when it is available knowing that there will be improvements, bug fixes and that any issues I have will be sorted.

I only wish the development scene for my dm800 was as good...crappy images everywhere for that box now that DE is gone.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guff daddy For This Useful Post:

grtmoby (17-09-10),Mr. Mister (17-09-10)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    One suggestion though - when you bring out Version 1.1, can you set up a separate forum for discussion of the issues and problems in the image. It's best to avoid a 52 page thread dealing with the issues as it can be difficult to wade through...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to guff daddy For This Useful Post:

grtmoby (17-09-10)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by guff daddy View Post
    One suggestion though - when you bring out Version 1.1, can you set up a separate forum for discussion of the issues and problems in the image. It's best to avoid a 52 page thread dealing with the issues as it can be difficult to wade through...
    to be seriously considered, thanks
    Nobody knows everything. We were born to help and aid each other... That's why we are all here, to share, teach and learn.
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

10. The Following User Says Thank You to grtmoby For This Useful Post:

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    I have also moved from DE to this. It does what I want and its grown on me. It does not have the multitude of settings that DE did but it does what I need very well - watch TV, record and search for programmes and record.

It could with a bulit in mount manager and format option as well as reassigning some of the button but I can live with those drawbackks compared to the well integrated EPG suppport. I have tried an old PLI and VIX is def better IMHO

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stanman For This Useful Post:

guff daddy (18-09-10)

Title
    Thanks
    Does anyone know if v1.1 includes the ability to EPG from satellite in addition to EPG importer?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I don't know, but the best way to do this (for 28.2E) is CrossEPG. The current version works perfectly on VIX and it is being developed and enhanced. The next version should include an importer for both xml and epg.dat zipped files such as Satmate.

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,096 Times in 4,733 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by guff daddy View Post
    I don't know, but the best way to do this (for 28.2E) is CrossEPG. The current version works perfectly on VIX and it is being developed and enhanced. The next version should include an importer for both xml and epg.dat zipped files such as Satmate.
    satmate is just crossepg .dat files
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Release notes can be found in the About screen by pressing epg/info
    Rules can be found HERE - Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andyblac View Post
    satmate is just crossepg .dat files
    Yes - when I used the DE image (which could do both) I used to have it set to download satmate files a couple of times in the evening (it was able to do this in the background) and a satellite download early in the morning (for days when for whatever reason the satmate file didn't work/was corrupted).

Belt and braces is a good motto.

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by amires View Post
    Does anyone know if v1.1 includes the ability to EPG from satellite in addition to EPG importer?
    i have added freesat, EID & MHW epg from sats
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Title
    Thanks
    i have added freesat, EID & MHW epg from sats
    That's great news. Looking forward for your V1.1
    Any chance for getting EPG for DigiTurk on Eutelsat W3 and Nilesat channels (beside OSN)?
    Last edited by amires; 18-09-10 at 19:39.

Title
    Administrator
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by amires View Post
    That's great news. Looking forward for your V1.1
    Any chance for getting EPG for DigiTurk on Eutelsat W3 and Nilesat channels (beside OSN)?
    what was the key ?
    D I S C L A I M E R

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    what was the key ?
    i think it was a long press on "0"
    Nobody knows everything. We were born to help and aid each other... That's why we are all here, to share, teach and learn.
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast