Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snow Starts To Fall As Britain Shivers

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts

Snow Starts To Fall As Britain Shivers

A dusting of snow has fallen across parts of the UK, with more predicted over this weekend.

It is in contrast to the torrential rain and windy weather which played havoc in some parts of the Midlands and in North Wales at the start of the week.

Around 1cm of snow has settled in parts of northern England and Scotland, including Cumbria, Teesside and County Durham, while 2.5cm has covered the Pennines and the Southern Uplands.

In the midlands, southern England and Wales temperatures are below freezing, and as low as -5C in some areas.

The frosty weather is expected to last for the next few days, with more snow predicted in the north and Scotland tomorrow night.

The freezing temperatures have brought with them a risk of ice, following the recent heavy rainfall.

The Met Office issued a low-level warning of severe weather, affecting much of the UK for the morning.

It said: "Due to the recent wet weather there is an increased risk of icy patches, even on roads that have been treated with salt, where water run off/seepage may wash off any earlier salt treatment.

"The public should be aware of the risk of ice on roads and pavements."

Sky News weather presenter Jo Wheeler said: "For much of the day, it will be sunny for most.

"Snow showers will continue to run into northern and eastern Scotland, and may occasionally run into North Sea coasts.

"Top temperatures will reach 5 or 6 Celsius. In western parts, cloud will increase and temperatures will rise as rain spreads off the Atlantic.

"Progress will be slow, however, and it will be Sunday before that rain makes much impact on mainland UK, by which time, there is the risk of seeing some snow on the leading edge.

"For the bulk of the country, there will be a fine end to the day followed by a cold and frosty night, and a bright start to Sunday morning."
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Bring on the snow

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    LMAO it would snow as i have a fortnight off work from tomorrow.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Clear blue sky here in the NW but bitterly cold

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    Clear blue sky here in the NW but bitterly cold
    same here in the north east for the now.

not looking forward to driving home tonight as my route takes me through shotton and there's going to be a large national front protest march there sometime later.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=bassethound;176413]A dusting of snow has fallen across parts of the UK, with more predicted over this weekend.

You certainly know how to cheer a guy up !!

Where's that bottle

Title
    Thanks
    i cant wait for the snow in the NE, normal get loads around mine, also heading up glenshee as soon as its covered!
    http://openvix.co.uk/stable.png
    ^^^^^ Current Status ^^^^^
    VIX - Quad Vu+ Ultimo
    IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by s31teg View Post
    i cant wait for the snow in the NE, normal get loads around mine, also heading up glenshee as soon as its covered!
    LOL, i live about quarter of a mile from the highest point in County Durham, just outside of Durham City it self and we always get a good covering.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    LOL, i live about quarter of a mile from the highest point in County Durham, just outside of Durham City it self and we always get a good covering.
    Fecking Eskimo`s..

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post

aye its canny high here, 240 meters to be exact, plenty of snow on the way................. hopefully
    http://openvix.co.uk/stable.png
    ^^^^^ Current Status ^^^^^
    VIX - Quad Vu+ Ultimo
    IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    same here love it sat here heating on nice toweling robe snug as a bug in a rug very clear Blue skies here in manchester just a lot of frost at the moment

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Its a very bright sunny day here today but very cold and frosty giving the car-boot a miss today and staying in BBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRR

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    fecking wimps, your supposed to be northerners. we northerners like the cold, hell if it gets over 10°C i start sweating lol.

SIMPLES.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

saxon (02-12-12)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If only... after a few days of 40+C (max'd out at 45.5C) we have been given a short respite with a violent electrical storm and a very humid (but very little rain) day with a 32C maximum. We will be back to 40C at the end of the week!
    FireShot Screen Capture #026 - 'Alice Springs weather forecast, Bureau of Meteorology Warnings &.png
    OpenVix:
    VU+Duo2 -- 2 x Twin internal DVB-S2 & DVB-C/T2, 2 x USB dual DVB-T (Avermedia Twinstar [AF9035], Hauppauge Nova-TD [Dib0700]) = 8 tuners
    VU+Duo4kse -- internal Sat FBC & twin DVB-C/T2, 2 x USB dual DVB-T Hauppauge Nova-TD [Dib0700]

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stick50jr For This Useful Post:

bassethound (02-12-12),Mr. Mister (02-12-12)

Title
    Thanks

Re: Snow Starts To Fall As Britain Shivers

Quote Originally Posted by stick50jr View Post
    If only... after a few days of 40+C (max'd out at 45.5C) we have been given a short respite with a violent electrical storm and a very humid (but very little rain) day with a 32C maximum. We will be back to 40C at the end of the week!
    FireShot Screen Capture #026 - 'Alice Springs weather forecast, Bureau of Meteorology Warnings &.png
    think i would rather the cold. i would literally bake if i had to survive that heat constantly

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using tapatalk 2
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

ET8500
    80cm motorised triax TD88

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast