Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harmony RC

Title
    Thanks
    The bottom right button of the remote (whatever that is) is the list button. The volume buttons on the remote control my amp which also has DAB connected to it. I can honestly say, I've never used the rest. It's all about what setup you've got and how you work it. I think I haven't used telexted since I got the Internet 15 years ago! If it wasn't simple to use it wouldn't hear the end of it from the other half! It was bad enough getting her to swap from $ky to vu!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Indeed: if you only make a very limited use of your STB a limited amount of buttons will be sufficient. But I think most of us want to be able to use the functions I mentioned (at least I use them all the time).

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzar1206 View Post
    Ive got the One and getting along with the colours on the screen just fine, even the wife can use it without moaning - now that's my real seal of approval!
    Have to agree. If my wife can use it without problems...........it's good !!!!!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Admin please delete. Original post removed due to being blind when asking a question...

/Yngve
    Last edited by yngvekl; 30-11-12 at 10:48.

Title
    Thanks
    I had the Harmony One, 1000, 1100 and is now using the 900 which is fare better than the others.
    It is nice looking, it have the 4 coular buttons, it have RF (so you can controll units behind doors),
    and you can extent the 900 with a lot of stuff. It is expensive, but worth the extra money - in my opinion.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danop View Post
    I had the Harmony One, 1000, 1100 and is now using the 900 which is fare better than the others.
    It is nice looking, it have the 4 coulor buttons, it have RF (so you can control units behind doors),
    and you can extent the 900 with a lot of stuff. It is expensive, but worth the extra money - in my opinion.
    Then you're more lucky then I am: I have three 900's using RF and even at a range of 2m without any object the blocking line of sight communication often fails.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have just bought myself a Harmony 650 and have to say that I am pretty impressed with it. Of course, it is early days so there is bound to be a transition time in getting used to the idea of a predominantly activity based remote.

Have it working pretty well but do have a slight setup issue with my Ultimo and know that a fair few on here use this model so figured this would be a good place to ask. Didn't seem to make sense starting another thread

The issue I have is the speed of scrolling in the menus/epg. With the original remote, scrolling is lovley and fast and precise ie stops scrolling the moment you release either the up or down buttons. With the 650, it seems much slower and clunkier and when you release the direction buttons, the cursor continues to move up or down a few more places before stopping.

I have tried tweaking the delays on the remote but it didn't seem to make much difference.

Did anyone else experience this and if you did, did you find a setting that resolved things for you?

Cheers

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Do you use myharmony.com for the setup, or the clientware? I would advise to use the latter, and go to device problemsolving --> device reacts too much and lower the repeats.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

Clabs (06-12-12)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Rob

When I was doing my research, I did see quite a few moans about myharmony so went with the clientware.

I did have a look where you suggested and that does seem to have improved things somewhat, so thank you for the heads up - much appreciated.

I have only had it a few days so with a bit more use, I sure it will become much more familiar to me. Bit like when I bought my first E2 box

Thanks mate.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Improved somewhat? So it is still a problem? That should not be the case.
    If you continue to struggle with this, you might write a mail (from within the software) to the customer service: they are very willing to help.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

Clabs (07-12-12)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks Rob

Reducing delays etc did seem to improve things somewhat but it was still slightly sluggish scrolling the menus/EPG compared to the OEM remote. But I had been doing a fair bit of messing about, adding and deleting devices and activities.

Decided to reset it and start afresh and everything working well now, so happy days.

Thanks for the help mate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12