Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TM500 super corrupted

Title
    Thanks
    i can do image via modem ?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi abu baniaz,
    When I do a factory reset using the option of holding the up button while powering on the box, I get a blank TV screen and the lcd display goes blank also and nothing appears to happen. I have also followed
    the advise from bassethound and others and have tried other images to flash but I still get the 'ERROR Loading' notice when 100% is reached with a smaller notice saying something like 'incorrect file'. I have plenty of spare boxes but I just dont like trashing a box without a fight.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Could you try the image from this thread? The 500Super and 600 use the same images.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ll=1#post57978

Title
    Thanks

Corrupted TM500s

Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Have you tried ticking factory reset?
    Finally thought I was getting somewhere but I am still in trouble. I managed to load a TM600 image to the box. Now when I power up I get the 'TM-600' with the 'Technomate' logo and that's it . If you remember from my other posts the box previously would start to boot up and display the GP logo and sit there. I did however manage to do a factory reset which I was unable to do in the past. I also tried to load the UR image to the box which I have used on the same model TM many times before but still get the message loading error and incorrect file. I am using the rs232 option for everything because lan etc are not functioning.

Title
    Thanks
    I take it you are selecting "Factory reset" instead of "Load Default Settings" in TCC

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    I take it you are selecting "Factory reset" instead of "Load Default Settings" in TCC
    I use the 'factory reset' option which is part of the options available when using the holding the 'up' button feature during power on.

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry out of ideas. TM are normally good at helping out. If there are no other suggestions, Give them a buzz. 020 8884 0701.

If they give you a solution please post back just in case someone else has the same issue.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    sounds like a bootloader issue. try info supplied here h**p://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=197860

Title
    Thanks

Not giving up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by fintannl View Post
    sounds like a bootloader issue. try info supplied here h**p://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=197860
    Thanks fintannl,
    I will follow your suggestion later. I think this box got a serious 'zapp' up the mains because when I first got my hands on it the bridge rectifier diodes were sc, so I suspect it may be more than just a simple sw issue. Coming from a background in bench repairs I find it hard to bin (trash bin) gear when a diode or capacitor will restore it to normal operation.
    I will let you all know how it goes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12