Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TM500 super corrupted

Title
    Thanks

TM500 super corrupted

Hi All,
    help need please.
    My TM500 Super appears to have been corrupted. I tried re-flashing it but made a fatal mistake I think.
    I may have flashed it with the wrong image as when I power up I get the GP logo displayed on the screen. When I re-flash with the UR image that works on all my TM500s I get a 'loading error' message on screen when the progress dots have reached 100%.
    Any idea what if any thing I can try.

Philly.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Have you tried a TM serial update see the how to pdf below

this way always recovers my tm 500/600 it might take a few goes trying a couple of older images good luck

thanks to digidude for the how to
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bassethound For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks bassethound,
    I will give it a go and let you know the outcome,

Philly

Title
    Thanks
    Hi bassethound,
    Just read the tutorial you attached. This is the procedure that I use. When finished the on screen progress dots read 'bad flash' or similar notice (away from box at the moment so cannot check exact wording).
    The UR image that I am trying to re-flash is ur-180211.img. I never had a problem flashing this image in the past on a new box.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Have you tried ticking factory reset?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    i would try flashing any other tm600/500 super image first then flash your desired image via the mini web
    Last edited by bassethound; 12-11-12 at 14:15.
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Thanks
    the same problem but when i start download ur for me showing message what pc is not responding... will retry
    whats the problem
    who can help ?
    thanks

digidude
    if the image IS NOT a UR image on the box (showing GP etc when booting) then the miniweb may possibly not exist to use

with a network cable connected, press and hold the power button when turning the power on, if a number appears in the front display, then enter this into a browser (assuming your router IP is 192.161.1.1) as 192.168.1.NUMBER and you should be able to flash

if not, then you will need either the Technomate Control Center or the Digidude loader, and an RS232 cable

if the software is saying PC not responding, then if you are using a USB-RS232 adaptor, then its possible the drivers are not configured correctly for the COM port to report the information being received from the receiver as you power it up

Title
    Thanks
    i can use network cabel because ethernet not working and i using usb-rs232 cable because in my laptop going 15 male to receiver 9 female cable maybe you know how need configure com port correctly ? or wich ur image need use ?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi digidude,
    My problem seems to be that my TM500 super does not like the UR image that I am trying to flash since I previously flashed (mistake) the box with a GP image. I know the UR image is the correct one as I have used it many time on the same model box in the past. Getting rid of the GP image seems to be the problem. Using the rs232 works but displays an error notice then 100% is reached.
    Any comments or suggestions appreciated.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by manntas View Post
    i can use network cabel because ethernet not working and i using usb-rs232 cable because in my laptop going 15 male to receiver 9 female cable maybe you know how need configure com port correctly ? or wich ur image need use ?
    you may need a rs323 to rs323 cable for it to work as usb to rs323 do not always work or look for your com port in device manager on you lappy

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by philly View Post
    Hi digidude,
    My problem seems to be that my TM500 super does not like the UR image that I am trying to flash since I previously flashed (mistake) the box with a GP image. I know the UR image is the correct one as I have used it many time on the same model box in the past. Getting rid of the GP image seems to be the problem. Using the rs232 works but displays an error notice then 100% is reached.
    Any comments or suggestions appreciated.
    did you do a factory reset before you flashed if yes try an older image

Title
    Thanks

old UR image

Quote Originally Posted by dathai60 View Post
    did you do a factory reset before you flashed if yes try an older image
    Thanks dathaid,
    I did try the factory reset in the past with no joy. I may have tried a different image but got error message also. Maybe there is a specific old image that I need to try.

Title
    Thanks
    did you use tcc 7.1 to change image

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dathai60 View Post
    did you use tcc 7.1 to change image
    I always use tcc 7.1. However in the current faulty state with GP displayed on screen The only way I can connect to the box is using serial cable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast