Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Positioner setup tool

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks

Positioner setup tool

Hi All,

When watching channels on say 30W, i find that the channels take a wee while to come up.

I thought that i would use the positioner tool to fine tune the dish position.

Initially the SNR was at 40%. After i used the fine tune i mange to get that up to 46%. I then go to store the position and come out of the application. Once i come out the dish seems to move back to the position in which it was previously (again at 39%).

So the question is....has anybody managed to use the tool to fine tune and then hold that position? Or is this a case of manually moving the whole dish setup around the mounting pole?

Thanks.
    Setup: Vu+ Duo, Orbital 90cm Dish, Technomate TM2600 Motor, Inverto twin LNB

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts

Re: Positioner setup tool

Its a bug in Enigma 2, its don't store the positions. Tweak you longitude west settings to compensate. It may be your dish is slightly out of alignment. Mine was the same until I got it re-aligned a couple of weeks back.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks

Cheers sic. Might try .5 increments either way.

D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks

UPDATE - Tweaked the longitude to get better signal. Had an increase of 5% signal strength by modyfying the longitude.

Original long was 1.145 - Now it is set to 000.355

Quite a difference...Done the trick but.

D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks

I'd seriously consider re-alignment, best way imo.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks

I spoke to thew guy who aligned my dish in the first place and said that it was pretty spot on. Have generally got a very good signal...was hitting 90%+ for Sly UK. With this tweak of the longitude it has increased further. He had also said to modify the longitude - He said that will do the trick.

D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks

What signal strengths do you get on Astra 19deg & Hotbird 13deg?
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks

Astra 19 Deg = 87% ( Channel - Sky Sport HD)
    Hotbird 13 Deg = 96% (Channel - Sky Sport 1)

D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks

They're good signal strength m8, 30W is always going to be somewhat lower. You've got a 80cm dish you?
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    On Holiday
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobonthejob
    I spoke to thew guy who aligned my dish in the first place and said that it was pretty spot on. Have generally got a very good signal...was hitting 90%+ for Sly UK. With this tweak of the longitude it has increased further. He had also said to modify the longitude - He said that will do the trick.
    He knows his stuff of the setting up of the dish hardware and aligning etc. but I wouldn't take a great deal of advice from him when it comes to settings on the VU+, he's not exactly fully up to the mark shall I say when it comes to Enigma2 and its setup Better to speak to those on here who use it day in day out.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks

Doh! Damn broadband is down. Virgil end coming on Friday. Damn them.

D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found HERE

Title
    Thanks

LOL Bob whats going on! ru using dial-up right now?

Glad u got the stuff sorted dude.