Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Walt Disney to buy Lucasfilm; Star Wars: Episode 7 in 2015

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Walt Disney to buy Lucasfilm; Star Wars: Episode 7 in 2015

Disney to buy Lucasfilm.
    The reported deal is worth $4.05 billion in stock and cash, which is good news for George Lucas, who is the sole owner of the studio.

It was also announced that Star Wars: Episode 7 would be targeted for release in 2015. That will be followed by Episodes 8 and 9.

"Lucasfilm reflects the extraordinary passion, vision, and storytelling of its founder, George Lucas," said Robert A. Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Walt Disney Company.

"This transaction combines a world-class portfolio of content including Star Wars, one of the greatest family entertainment franchises of all time, with Disney's unique and unparalleled creativity across multiple platforms, businesses, and markets to generate sustained growth and drive significant long-term value."

The $4.05 billion valuation is based on the terms of the agreement, and the closing price of Disney stock on Friday, with Disney paying approximately half of the consideration in cash and issuing approximately 40 million shares at closing.

"For the past 35 years, one of my greatest pleasures has been to see Star Wars passed from one generation to the next," said George Lucas, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Lucasfilm.

"It's now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of filmmakers. I've always believed that Star Wars could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime. I'm confident that with Lucasfilm under the leadership of Kathleen Kennedy, and having a new home within the Disney organization, Star Wars will certainly live on and flourish for many generations to come. Disney's reach and experience give Lucasfilm the opportunity to blaze new trails in film, television, interactive media, theme parks, live entertainment, and consumer products."

Code:
     http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2012/10/30/walt_disney_to_buy_lucasfilm_including_star_wars_franchise
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (30-10-12)

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    4 billion dollars..

Man.. Thats a problem i would love to have.. lol