Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Setup help required please

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrooster View Post
    Hi Basil,

I fully understand the need to careful, no problem.
    Would you recommend any one particular cam I should concentrate on, i.e one that has the best track record and support in your opinion for my local card please?

thanks again.

That pretty much depends on the card in question, for example if as i assume your talking about setting up a sky uk card with your receiver you can use either CCcam which will work quite well or Oscam which while being a fair bit harder to setup allows a extra bit of security for you etc.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Redrooster (27-10-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Well, I've just loaded the new VIX image onto my quad and gone through the basic setup and it does look very good, well done guys

So I'll start to build againnow and see what I find.

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry, I need a little more help please since installing Vix on Quad.
    Vix has installed great and looks superb, I've also installed Catseye using Deambox edit as described earlier with no problem.
    The problem I have now is the receiver talking to my V-Box to move the dish?
    For now I've simply set tuner A to advanced to look at sats at 13, 19.2 & 28.2 with DiSEqc set to 1.2, Usals set to No, and moved the dish manually to find each sat then stored each one at 013, 019 & 028 respectively on the V-box . What I can't seem do is get the dish moving automatically from one to the other when using Catseye to switch sats/channels.
    Am I missing something here? it seemed to be ok when using Openmips? or is it me being thick and forgot to do something?
    Any pointers please to what I may be doing wrong.
    Many thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, I'm still struggling on this one !!
    Is there anyone else out there with a Gigablue Quad with the Vix image and a V-Box positioner?
    I've set the tuner A config to advanced selected 13, 16, 19, & 28.2 deg Sats, set DiSEQc to 1.2, Usals to No and stored the 13, 16, 19, & 28 positions on each configuration on Tuner A. Set my V-Box at 13 deg and got a picture and stored that position on the V-box as 13, I've then found the other sats and stored them at 16, 19, and 28 respectively.
    When I've then used the channel lists from Catseye to move from 13 to 16 the flashing Dish Icon comes on screen in the left hand corner saying 13 deg to 16 deg but nothing happens, it's as though the receiver is not talking to the V-Box.
    I had it working with Openmips and Catseye so I might revert back to that and see if it works again.
    In the meantime, any ideas guys please?
    Red

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    did you do this in tuner config?? or motor setup??
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by basilyoung View Post
    did you do this in tuner config?? or motor setup??
    I've hopefully just followed your instructions earlier in this thread, by setting the sats first on the receivers Tuner A config then using the vbox, and starting from 13 east nudging round finding the next sat/piccy at 16 and saving the position on the vbox as 16, so that the Tuner A was saved with 16 on config and the V box was saved as 16 and so on.

Title
    Thanks
    Well, thanks to you guys, I've finally got my Quad and Vbox talking to each other, great
    My next step is to set up the box to work with my own sky card. I've picked that I need either cccam or oscam to do it but I've no idea how.
    Before I go searching around, and as a beginner, can anyone advise which one to concentrate on and also give me any pointers please on loading and configuration?
    Many thanks in advance

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123