Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: xmltvimport does not import downloaded EPG

Title
    Thanks

xmltvimport does not import downloaded EPG

This evening i performed a software update on my Vu+ Duo running the most recent version of VTi image (V 2.0 - 19.08.2010 OE 1.6).

After the update I noticed that the xmltvimport plugin was available again (I think it's a custom version because it's called xmltvimport.vti).
    So I tried it and it downloaded the EPG without any problem creating the epg_new.dat file in /media/hdd, but, apparently, it was not able to import it in the Vu+ EPG (even after a reboot).

Looking at the original package (the rytec one) I noticed that, during the installation process, it modifies the file /usr/bin/enigma2.sh adding the following line:

Code:
    python /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/EPGImport/boot.py
    while the version distributed by VTi doesn't.

Is this the reason why it doesn't work or I'm doing something wrong?

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    try to rename the file from epg_new.dat to epg.dat and restart ur box
    Nobody knows everything. We were born to help and aid each other... That's why we are all here, to share, teach and learn.
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Unfortunately it didn't work.
    The only difference is that, if I rename epg_new.dat to epg.dat an then reboot, the file will be deleted during the next start up.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    yes that is correct being deleted as enigma loads it into the cache.
    Nobody knows everything. We were born to help and aid each other... That's why we are all here, to share, teach and learn.
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grtmoby View Post
    yes that is correct being deleted as enigma loads it into the cache.
    This is exactly the point. Apparently, during startup, enigma manages the file /media/hdd/epg.dat in some way, but, in my case, the file is simply deleted and the events are not imported in the EPG.

Moreover, I can't understand why the xvmtvimport.vti plugin (whose name seems to indicate that it's a modified version for VTi) creates a file called epg_new.dat if the process running during startup looks for a file called epg.dat.

BTW: I also tried to install the original version of EPGImport (r22) and the import seems to work without any problem.

Title
    Thanks
    Finally I found the problem.

During a reboot (actually, during the shutdown phase, I think) enigma2 dumps the current EPG to /media/hdd/epg.dat to reload it at the next boot.
    If the file /media/hdd/epg.dat already exists, it will be overwritten.

This is the reason why the plugin uses a different file name (epg_new.dat) to store the new EPG data and this is also the reason why renaming epg_new.dat to epg.dat before rebooting doesn't help.
    The right thing to do is to copy epg_new.dat to epg.dat just before enigma2 loads it.

The original plugin installation (the Rytec's one) solves the problem by modyfing the file /usr/bin/enigma2.sh to run /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/xmltvimport/boot.py (which simply copies epg_new.dat to epg.dat).

#!/bin/sh

python /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/xmltvimport/boot.py
    /usr/bin/showiframe /boot/backdrop.mvi

In the VTi installation the file modification is missing so epg_new.dat will never be copied (and loaded).

Adding the missing line to /usr/bin/enigma2.sh does the trick.
    Last edited by girotour; 18-09-10 at 16:33.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to girotour For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (18-09-10)