Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pixelation even on fta channels worse on hd channels

shanhanif
    I have been this very similar issue with my vu+ duo2 also that i think you had. I have noticed that the SNR is jumping around.

I have noticed that if I run a speed test on a device connnected via wifi (my iphone) then it glitches a lot during the download but becomes completely frozen during an upload.

As soon as the speedtest is finished the picture comes back. This is the the same for FTA channels also.

Something on the line is causing glitching when the internet is being used for downlaoding/uploading/streaming.

The annoying thing is that when I connect the VM box I can't see the issues, even if I start downloading/uploading so complaining to VM is not getting me far lol.

What I know for sure is that if I remove the LNB that connects the router to the splitter so it's only TV there are no glitches and all is well so it's definitely something VM have done. Possibly an update or other change in thier infrastructure for my cabinet/area.

Any ideas what this could be or any solutions to this yet?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shanhanif For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (12-07-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Have a strong signal on my box for cable, BUT...found pixelation lots of times if box moved, seems the cable going in only has to be moved slightly for it to start playing up for me, not done so for a while as never touch it, so look at this?

shanhanif
    Quote Originally Posted by invisiblelayer View Post
    Have a strong signal on my box for cable, BUT...found pixelation lots of times if box moved, seems the cable going in only has to be moved slightly for it to start playing up for me, not done so for a while as never touch it, so look at this?

Took a while but finally figured out whats causing the glitching for me.

I have a nice strong signal coming into the house. This is then split into 2 cables (One for the router and one for the VU+ box) The cable that goes to the VU+ is quite long (about 35m) and the power level at the end of the cable was the right level. so all good here.

The problem was that the cable that goes into the router is short (about 30-40cm) and so the power levels remained high and were too high into the router.

This is why when the router was using high amounts of data speeds (especially upload) it was causing noise on the line overall and causing glitching.

We have now but an attenuator on the split that goes into the router. This has reduced the power level going into the router without reducing the power level in the VU+ and now there is zero glitching.

As a test you can use a speedtest app on a phone connected to your internet. If the glitching is a lot more severe during the download/upload part of the test then you most likely have the same issue.

I hope this helps someone

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shanhanif For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (17-07-17),twol (17-07-17)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12