Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Appalled by response THIS forum's sponsor on an item returned.

Title
    Thanks

Appalled by response THIS forum's sponsor on an item returned.

Firstly let me say that the response on ordering was excellent with next day delivery. HOWEVER

I think I should let people know about the service I am currently receiving from world of satellite.

Aftr being recommended on here I bought the £90 sat meter from them and it worked out of the box
    Not being full time, a week later I tried it and it showed no signal, I checked on my loan horizon and signal was fine.
    I thought nothing of it but when I installed another dish a week later & got no signal I contacted the company.

Turns out the threaded part of the tuner was turning, possibly I had screwed the f connector on too much & it had turned inside.
    If that is what happened then the tuner unit was not secured when manufactured.

After a number of days I received an rma and sent it next day delivery last week, but got this email this morning.
    ================================================== ===========================

Return ID: 32
    Return Date: 02/10/2012

Your return has been updated to the following status:
    Testing complete

The comments for your return are:

Unit has been tested. On inspection it appears that the tuner fixing nut has been tampered with,
    spanner marks on nut and plastic casing. Unit sent for repair.

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

================================================== ===========================

What an absolute load of codswallop, I have now immediately lost faith in the company and am thinking whether
    I want to contact barclaycard.

I do appreciate that it is a chinese unit so can expect, maybe "not the highest build quality" but you don't expect the seller
    to accuse you of putting a spanner to it, why on earth would I need to do that.

Appreciate people's thoughts on this

ps

It's only £90 but I am absolutely fuming

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    Turns out the threaded part of the tuner was turning, possibly I had screwed the f connector on too much & it had turned inside.
    If that is what happened then the tuner unit was not secured when manufactured.
    You are the first complainant as far as I know, but your comments above, to a nautral reader, are surported by the reply you got, in that he has guessed that marks on the unit were done by a spanner
    i also note that the unit has been sent for repair despite the comments,

I think instead of proclaiming "codswallop" you need to see what the final out come is
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 474 Posts
    Well firstly we appologise if you find our inspection appualing, but please appreciate we can only be truthful and state what we found. If you fully read the RMA reply you would have noted that your meter has been sent for repair, it may well just get replaced by our supplier. We cant really be any fairer than that.

As you've decided to make this a public topic here are all the communications: -

Hi,
    We are only stating what we inspected, we are not saying that its not going to be repaired.
    Theres where marks on the nut and small mark on the plastic where a spanner had been used, this may have happened at the factory and we've pointed that out to the supplier too. We checked our remaining stock and none had marks on the nut where the F connection is.
    Kindly appreciate our position, none of our exisiting stock have spanner marks, yet your return did have. We do not manufacture these, we only sell them.
    We are awaiting a repair/replacement from our supplier and we will be in contact in due course.
    Apologies if you find our inspection appaulling, but we can only state the truth about what we inspected.
    On 2012-10-12 11:48, admin reply wrote:

That is absolutely rubbish If that is the kind of service I can expect I will post on the forum and say so why on earth would i put a spanner to anything that is exactly how it was sent to me appalled by your response.
    On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 06:20:50 +0100 "World of Satellite" <sales@world-of-satellite.co.uk> wrote:
    Return ID: 32 Return Date: 02/10/2012 Your return has been updated to the following status: Testing complete The comments for your return are: Unit has been tested. On inspection it appears that the tuner fixing nut has been tampered with, spanner marks on nut and plastic casing. Unit sent for repair. Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team
    Official Distributor of Formuler products, GiGaBlue, Octagon,
    Technomate, Tiviar, VU+, Xtrend and many more...
    Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!
    PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*
    *SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    You may be appalled but WOS have done everything right as hundresd of satisfied customers will testify to.

If you have overtightened and damaged it hardly WOS fault.

why dont you ring them and speak to them rather than being dramatic and threathening.

The ONUS is on you to prove manufacturing defect caused it rather than you using a spammer to over tighten

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    This is a forum after all and I believe the right place to comment, in this instance very angry so kneejerk
    in my reply email to wos but it is still a "forum" a place to air views.

Quote:
    "The ONUS is on you to prove manufacturing defect caused it rather than you using a spammer to over tighten "

I have not, at any point put a spanner to this.

I admit I did not look at the unit just used it, because it was new, had it been second hand I would have looked more closely.

I am pleased they have posted my email response because that was how angry that email to me made me feel, I am
    being accused of tampering with it.

I repeat "why would I"? This is simply a manufacturing fault where the tuner was loose and putting an f connecter plug
    on it caused the whole thing to turn inside I assume.

As above, at no point did I put any tool spanner, pliers, anything to it Just my fingers an a f connector.

As previous post, I know it's ce build and don't expect fantastic build quality, but I do expect things to be assembled.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanman View Post
    You may be appalled but WOS have done everything right as hundresd of satisfied customers will testify to.

If you have overtightened and damaged it hardly WOS fault.

why dont you ring them and speak to them rather than being dramatic and threathening.

The ONUS is on you to prove manufacturing defect caused it rather than you using a spammer to over tighten

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 474 Posts
    We where merely reporting the truth of our inspection, nothing more. We also stated its been sent for repair.

Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team
    Official Distributor of Formuler products, GiGaBlue, Octagon,
    Technomate, Tiviar, VU+, Xtrend and many more...
    Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!
    PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*
    *SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to world-of-satellite.co.uk For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (12-10-12),Stanman (12-10-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Just received this update and felt it best to post up:

Return ID: 32
    Return Date: 02/10/2012

Your return has been updated to the following status:
    Product returned / shipped

The comments for your return are:

Brand new replacement to be shipped 22/10/12 via Interlink express 8367******

So a big up to them after all.

Quote Originally Posted by world-of-satellite.co.uk View Post
    We where merely reporting the truth of our inspection, nothing more. We also stated its been sent for repair.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lumberjack For This Useful Post:

basilyoung (21-10-12)

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    I am not in the least, surprised, at the end result, and its a shame you did,nt wait for the final outcome, before posting on this subject, it was as you stated a kneejerk post, but having said this, at least you have now reported a positive result
    and thankyou for being big enough, to put your hand up, and say so
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

11. The Following User Says Thank You to basilyoung For This Useful Post:

s1m0nw (21-10-12)

Title
    Thanks
    at the end of the day a positive outcome and it lets people see, returns are dealt with and consrtuctive criticism is accepted, well done WOS.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to johndigital For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (21-10-12)

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johndigital View Post
    at the end of the day a positive outcome and it lets people see, returns are dealt with and consrtuctive criticism is accepted, well done WOS.
    With all due respect, I would hardly call the first post constructive criticism - it was a rant pure and simple.

Working in a public facing job, this is one of the things that really pisses me off when people start making threats and throwing their toys out of the pram becuase they don't get their ways.

The number of times people have threaten to "go to the papers" is amazing and water of a ducks back as in all cases they don't have a leg to stand on.

The louder they shout the more they have to hide - just look at the politicians when they get caught with their shorts down

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?