Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: VU Duo help

Title
    Thanks

VU Duo help

Hi

i posted somewhere else on here but cant find it, so here i go again.

I just got a VU duo as replacement for my TM500

I cant find where to get ccam installed on the duo, and when i scan sat's i get no channels

can someone tell me what i am missing?

Thanks

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Cams are not included in the image or feeds for the ViX image, you have to manually install these your self.

you can get the cams from here.
    Code:
    http://www.4shared.com/dir/wnyHV50A/VIX_CAMS.html
    FTP the one you want to the /tmp folder on the box or the /var/volatile/tmp folder if you cant find /tmp.
    then on the receiver
    blue button> ViX> install local extension.

FTP your CCcam.config file or other Cam's config files to /etc on the receiver.
    Then on the receiver again
    Blue button > softcam manager> green to start and blue to autostart.

Have you set the tuners up correctly ?

for a Fixed sky uk dish it should be as follows for both tuners ( if both tuners have feeds )

Simple
    Single
    28.2 East.
    NO.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks i can now get the ccam in, but still can not tune any channels.

Reflashed with new vix image to clear and start again.

Only have 1 feed, which is in tuner1. This is setup as you suggested. It spends 20 or so minute finding channels 900 of them but nothing saves.
    If i could get some channels i prob could fix the rest.
    is there something else i have missed of not installed. i cant even get bbc or itv

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    press the tv button on the remote then the green button and find 28.2E Eutelsat 28A&Astra 1N/2A/2B - New then press OK and you should see all your scanned channels
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion
    I am not responsible for what you do with it

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Want clone support see Here

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    Also you can try this
    download a channel list from the plugins menu>plugins>green then scroll down to settings and press ok then scroll down to the mr.mister.28e and press ok to download and install
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion
    I am not responsible for what you do with it

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Want clone support see Here

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

Title
    Thanks
    Sorted !!

similar to TM500 just a slightly different way of getting there.

Time to have a play around with it now.

Thanks