Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: New Python script to scrape KingOfSat for populating CCcam.channelinfo & oscam.srv

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Thanks

New Python script to scrape KingOfSat for populating CCcam.channelinfo & oscam.srv

Just thought I'd announce the development of a small tool I've been working on before I release it next week.

For the past few days on and off, I've been knocking up a small Python script to scrape KingOfSat for all data required for a CCcam.channelinfo file, with the aim of using it to automatically compile full and complete files on demand. You can tailor the packages that are scraped easily with a simple configuration file, setting your preferred CAID and provid's as you please, or simply using the full and complete config file provided to generate an all-singing all-dancing CCcam.channelinfo. At the moment it scrapes fantastically and without fault, but it needs some tidying and an option to build a new config file, based upon the packages currently listed on KoS. Things like CAID's and Provid's aren't carried on KoS, and would need to be filled in one time manually (if you're not using the config I'll be providing with it).

This will initially be released as a standard Python script at first, and depends on BeautifulSoup and Mechanize. Soon after I'll be compiling it into both a pyinstaller package and standalone Windows executable to ease it's use. The intention for this isn't really that it'd be used on-receiver, as that would generate a fair bit of additional load for KoS and would also be impolite, but more so people can automate the creation of their own CCcam.channelinfo files for distribution/cron wget.

If there's any functionality any of you would like to see from such a tool, here would be the place to put forward your ideas.

Cheers.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to slain For This Useful Post:

bassethound (28-09-12),bertp (13-10-12),Delagroov (28-09-12),judge (28-09-12),Larry-G (28-09-12),Maxwell (28-09-12),Rob van der Does (28-09-12),Sicilian (28-09-12),tinbin300 (20-02-13)