Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Basic newbie setup procedure for VU+ Duo for Dummies

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Hot View Post
    great...and how and where do i extract the image? which image would you recommend for newbie like myself?
    Just extract the 3 images files to your desktop, then copy them across to the correct file in your USB stick.

Image is a matter of choice. The main 3 are Dream Elite 1.3.3F, VTI 1.3 or OpenPLi, at this moment in time I'd so go with the VTI 1.3, nice and easy for newbies, contains latest Enigma2 and drivers.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry to be this dumb...I have done as you said but nothing changes on my STB after inserting the USB stick and uploading to the STB.

Also, in which of the folder vuplus or duo do I extract image of my choice? Or do I need to extract the image separated from the other 3 contents inside the usb upgrade zip file?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Sorry to be this dumb...I have done as you said but nothing changes on my STB after inserting the USB stick and uploading to the STB.

Also, in which of the folder vuplus or duo do I extract image of my choice? Or do I need to extract the image separated from the other 3 contents inside the usb upgrade zip file?
    All the info is in the first post, also look at this post http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show...ull=1#post1742

Remember once you've prepared your USB sitck with the files you need to power off the Duo, then power back on again with the USB stick plugged in at the front.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    The bit about the USB is well and truly understood. The part that is confusing and not metioned in any post herein is that of the image to use.

If the USB bit is successfully done I will like to know if the image of my choice e.g openPLI is going to be accessible for download via remote control like DM800/8000HD?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    If the USB bit is successfully done I will like to know if the image of my choice e.g openPLI is going to be accessible for download via remote control like DM800/8000HD?
    You can't flash DM800/8000 images to the Duo. Its possible to multi-boot DM8000 images but they do not work 100% correctly as they're compiled for the DM8000, just use the VU+ Duo images in our downloads section, theres enough choice there or use OpenPLi for VU+ Duo.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    i think he meant "upgrade" and not download.

yes you can upgrade the image you are using through remote control (via the update screen)
    Nobody knows everything. We were born to help and aid each other... That's why we are all here, to share, teach and learn.
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

7. The Following User Says Thank You to grtmoby For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (29-06-10)

Title
    Thanks
    The Boss, this is not my meaning. I know I cannot use DM800/8000 image to flash VU+ Duo.

I am only asking if like in DM800/8000HD the image can be downloaded e,g in DM800HD when you press blue button on remote it takes you to Blue panel where you can select addons and select what to download.

Is there something similar on VU+ Duo?

Sorry to be taking your time with all these questions.

Title
    Thanks
    Pls how do I navigate to update screen?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grtmoby View Post
    i think he meant "upgrade" and not download.

yes you can upgrade the image you are using through remote control (via the update screen)
    oops I mis-read
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Another thing to note ... when you extract the files, you need to ensure that there are only the files in the duo directory...

So, navigate to usb stick, then navigate to vuplus directory, then, navigate to duo directory, then, ensure that there are the 3 files there boot_cfe_auto.jffs2, kernel_cfe_auto.bin and root_cfe_auto.jffs2.

As for the blue panel, I have no idea what you're on about?! Did you used to use gemini image on dm800/8000? i.e., you don't mean upgrading the image, you mean adding on stuff like cccam etc?! If so, then it's different per image. In dream-elite, it's green, then yellow. In vti, I can't remember, maybe Sic can But helps if you let us know whether that's what you mean?!

Title
    Thanks
    thanks to you all...i'll try what you suggested and feedback to you later.

Title
    Thanks
    Sadly...after formatting all 3 USB sticks that are in my possesion using the HP tool, I am still unable to flash the VU+ duo...I am stuck and dont know what next to do...
    The box is reading the USB in all cases but it looks to me like that the erasing procedure during flashing is not completed...just my hunch...can someone come up with a pictorial or video tutorial?. Getting beyond this first hurdle is so tasking that I am afraid of what sort of support lies ahead.

Thanks to everyone who has been of great help...well appreciated.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    When your trying to flash, what does the front screen say?
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

2Hot (30-06-10)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just to check with you on usb sticks, the ones your using don't have a built in security program on them do they? if not and you have formatted them correctly using FAT32 then there is no obvious reason why this would happen (I format mine through windows using the quick format option) also i don't give the usb a name when formatting it, if you have done all this then you should be away and running.
    Vu+Ultimo + Vu-Solo 1.1mtr Alloy dish + 60cm fixed, TM HH motor, hate footy LOVE motor-sport.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to paul362 For This Useful Post:

2Hot (30-06-10)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    One other thing to try if not done already, is to unplug everything from the box. So, disconnect the power, then remove the network cable, rear usb sticks (if any), hdmi cable, other audio/video cables, and f-connector. Basically, you will just have the box by itself (important to remove power before disconnecting it all). Then, plug the stick with the flash update on in the front usb port. Then, plug in power and turn it on. This should give a "reading usb..." for about 1-2 minutes. Then, you will get a "erasing flash" for about 10 seconds, then a "programming flash" for about a minute or two, then "reading usb" for about 5 seconds, then "programming flash" for about 5 seconds, then "flash finished, remove usb and reboot". Might not be exact wording, but something to that effect.

Once that's done, power off, unplug front usb, connect all other items back in like a/v plugs, network cables, rear usb, f-connector etc. Only when everything is plugged back in, power the box back on.

If it doesn't flash after following this, either you're doing something insanely simple and stupid (not having a go at you here ), which you're just overlooking?! Or there is a problem with all of the usb sticks, or your box is knackered?!

Hope this helps

19. The Following User Says Thank You to pooface For This Useful Post:

2Hot (30-06-10)

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast