Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Mifi mobile broadband

Title
    Thanks

Mifi mobile broadband

Hi I am just moving house on a temporary basis. I have cancelled virgin broad band and was looking at getting broadband with no contract, i dot have a telephone line in the house at the moment. I was thinking about a mifi router, i have seen some unlocked ones on ebay. I was wondering if anybody is running one and could reccommend the best one to get. Can you run the Vu+ Ultimo box from one of these?? I was not planning on using it for streaming, only for getting codes to run the box. Any help or advice would be very much appreciated. !!
    Thanks.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    I use a unlocked Mifi router / dongle daily and upto 70 hrs a week in fact i'm on it now. it does every thing i need although i have never even attempted to use it with my Vu's as i use mine for work.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy123 View Post
    I was not planning on using it for streaming, only for getting codes to run the box. Any help or advice would be very much appreciated. !!
    Thanks.
    be very careful where you go with this thread as it's now a instant 2 week ban for any thing considered to be encroaching on CS talk on the forum.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Ok thanks for that which is the best one to buy then do you think? So I can order 1. Are they easy to set up.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    I use the Huawei E5830 which i had unlocked to use with my existing T-mobile web 'n' walk contract.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.