Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Driving

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts

Driving

Now, what is the problem ... English drivers, or the roads in England?!

Just had a 7 hour drive from the in-laws in France back home (same the other way, but not so much of a problem!)...

So, we came back mostly down the A26 in France (known as Route des Anglais cause it takes you straight to Calais). Anyway, on that part of the drive, the road was virtually empty, as always. Probably due to the toll charge... But, even the cars we did see, were driving fairly good. Always on the right-hand side of the road (inside lane), apart from when overtaking lorries, slower cars etc... Apart from, yep, you guessed it, English cars. the few English cars I did see, majority of them were staying outside in the outside lane...

Come back to England, and driving down the M20, M25, M1... all were nightmares! The number of cars who would just sit in the middle lane... At times, cars were just sat in the outside lane... There was the odd foreign car on the journey doing the same, but I would forgive them for either just copying the english cars, or just because they were unsure of driving in England... By and large though, the majority of foreign drivers (German, French, Dutch, Belgian) were pulling out only to over take, and then pulling in, when cars in front were slow fast enough (not very often, the number of times cars were only doing 55-60mph without even a lorry in front of them)...

As I said earlier, when we went over to France last week, it wasn't so bad. But, I'm guessing that was due to timing, and the fact that there were less cars on the road! Can't fully remember back to previous journeys over, but I do recall majority of them being crap!

So, why the hell can the drivers just not stay at the speed limit?! The number of cars who were undertaking because they were getting fed up of waiting! I ended up joining in in the end I'm ashamed to say... I was doing faster than the outside lane, as there were no cars on the inside lane at all!

Then, we get to the 50mph specs cameras... wtf. Cars only doing 40mph!!! Then, cars speeding up to 70mph, only to slow down minutes later when they come to the camera to 30mph, then as soon as passed the camera, up to 70 again!?!

How many of these people actually took a test and passed it?! I reckon half of the blame is to do with the fact that as part of your driving lessons you never actually drive on the motorway! Only if you decide afterwards you want to take the pass plus (unless this has changed since I took my test 15 odd years ago)... Don't even get me started on the number of drivers who were driving between lanes! But then, I just need to remember back to work and the number of people who park over 2 spaces, or park completely wonky, to remember that it must be a nation of shite drivers!

Before anybody says anything, I am english myself, and know that not all english drivers are crap! Just the majority you pass on the roads nowadays!
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    Mate during the night its even worse, im down m1 and m42 n m40 n we are talkin 1am n theres dickhead drivers drivin in the middle lane wen the entire road is empty includin the inside lane and they travellin at 60... How ****in retarded u gotta b to not notice the inside lane bein empty an jus move the **** over. I get so wound up i undertake jus to piss them off n in some cases pull up infront n slow ma own ass down to piss them off lol i know im a tit but i jus hate these kinda drivers who have no sense of awareness or common decency or common sense for that matter
    "Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to Install Cams on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Setup Picons on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Use Image Manager & Backup Manager on ViX Image - Click Here / How to Use Log Manager on ViX Image - Click Here
    How to Setup Inadyn on ViX Image - Click Here / How To Update Satellites.xml File - Click Here
    How To Stream TV To iPhone & iPad - Click Here
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Sorry I tend to sit in the middle or fast lane, due to the cars I drive (mainly performance cars with wide, low profile tyres) in the slow lane of most motorways there are grooves in the tarmac from all the lorry's and this tends to cause my cars to tramline which isn't a nice feeling at 70(ish) mph, I don't sit in the fast lane if the middle lane is clear though.

As for specs cameras I really don't understand why ppl speed up and slam on the brakes 20 seconds later.

I just sit at the speed limit and watch it like a hawk (usually ignoring everyone / everything around me whilst trying not to fall asleep) lol.
    Last edited by Ev0; 22-07-12 at 19:44.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    The worse ones are the ones going so slow that the 1st lane cars undertake them.
    I dont bother overtakeing them but under take them and stick my left indicator on, still does not commute with the dicks

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    I usually keep within the speed limit but when driving on the german autobahn from holland to denmark , I drove quicker and quicker! Starting at 120km/h within a 130 km/h limit and saying to myself I'll do this exactly right.....then ending crusing at 220km/h (the max my mondeo 1.8 does) for a good part of the way home!!! Tut tut.....

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conaxthewarrior View Post
    I usually keep within the speed limit but when driving on the german autobahn from holland to denmark , I drove quicker and quicker! Starting at 120km/h within a 130 km/h limit and saying to myself I'll do this exactly right.....then ending crusing at 220km/h (the max my mondeo 1.8 does) for a good part of the way home!!! Tut tut.....
    But thankfully, most of the slow English drivers weren't on there in the outside lane at 110kmph

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Thanks
    Must agree here about slow drivers on the motorway being the worst and I think the most dangerous as anyone can plunge into these vehicles from the back at any time - the danger lies in the inexpected surprise of suddenly meeting some slow driver well below the limit then its invairably too late.
    On the motorway once, I met a slow car doing about half the required minimum speed with a trailer attached. I nearly went in to him then overtook slowly - waited - and when he saw me I waved a hand in an "increace speed mate" gesture and he stil didnt get it, continuing at the same speed. Out of all the times Ive met these slow drivers, they've always been old gits (proberbly in their 80's) - its time a max driving age was set so as to give the rest of us a chance to live on when we use the motorway.