Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving My Motorised Dish - Looking for advice.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Anyway: 3 dB less means half the signal gets lost.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Anyway: 3 dB less means half the signal gets lost.
    Half signal power, not signal strength.

Any way I was trying to get across that there really isn't much difference between 100 cable and 125 at that distance as some where trying to imply otherwise.
    So as I said in my first reply. He will be fine with 70 meters on CT100 just fit the amp ( he already has) at the dish end NOT receiver end.
    Last edited by TK4|2|1; 25-06-12 at 06:28.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TK4|2|1 View Post
    Half power power, not signal strength.
    Yes: 3 dB loss = 3 dB loss in signalstrength.
    But not SNR of course, and that's what counts.

Any way I was trying to get across that there really isn't much difference between 100 cable and 125 at that distance as some where trying to imply otherwise.
    That's correct.

Title
    Thanks
    there really isn't much difference between 100 cable and 125 at that distance
    there plenty difference if U using motorised dish on week transpondirs and you are getting poor shoeprint from the satellite it can be the difference between getting pictures and not. them amplifiers are ok for strong signals from the satellite but if you got weak transponders and poor shoeprint them amplifiers amlify the noise as well they not selective on signal only they amplify noise. to the OP good luck with waht U decide, if you are trying to get week transpondirs or on the edge of the shoeprint or got some trees leafes in the way all that can lessen signal then that ct100 aint no good at 75m, it might work but its risky for weaker signals

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DixieRay View Post
    there plenty difference if U using motorised dish on week transpondirs and you are getting poor shoeprint from the satellite it can be the difference between getting pictures and not. them amplifiers are ok for strong signals from the satellite but if you got weak transponders and poor shoeprint them amplifiers amlify the noise as well they not selective on signal only they amplify noise. to the OP good luck with waht U decide, if you are trying to get week transpondirs or on the edge of the shoeprint or got some trees leafes in the way all that can lessen signal then that ct100 aint no good at 75m, it might work but its risky for weaker signals
    And you fail to read what I wrote correctly. I'll say it again. There really is no difference between 70m CT100 and 70m CT125.
    I never mentioned using it on a motorized system, just merely stating a fact.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I fail to see what the 'motorized' aspect has to do with signal-loss.

Title
    Thanks
    And you fail to read what I wrote correctly. I'll say it again. There really is no difference between 70m CT100 and 70m CT125.
    I never mentioned using it on a motorized system, just merely stating a fact.
    and u fail to understand the requirements of the OP in the scenes of the Op there is a diffrence, u needs to recognise that ct125 sneds more signal dow the pipe than ct100, my comments are relating directyl to the needs of the OP on a motorise sustem where there mite be week transponders and poor shoeprints, no worries for me no skins of my nostrils waht the OP does, jsutwant him to have info to descide

Title
    Thanks
    I fail to see what the 'motorized' aspect has to do with signal-loss.
    motorise is likeli to come across week transponders and edge of shoeprint satellites ore than a fixed dish pointing at a fat beam. better 125 cable might get some signals on motorised that 100ct will not. no skins off my nostril OC can use whatever cable no worries for me

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DixieRay View Post
    motorise is likeli to come across week transponders and edge of shoeprint satellites ore than a fixed dish pointing at a fat beam.
    OK, so motorized has indeed nothing to do with it. Would be the same when pointing a fixed dish at the same satellite.

Title
    Thanks
    OK, so motorized has indeed nothing to do with it. Would be the same when pointing a fixed dish at the same satellite.
    OP has motorised sytem and has big chance to come across week signals and low shoeprint sats OP has more chance of week signals than if fixed dish and motorised has everything to do with it. anyways, why they make ct125 if it only same as ct100 nobodies buy it if it only same but more euros. everyone includin whistler and his mama knows ct125 carries more signal than ct100, u beleive waht U want: me and whstler and his mama believes ct125 best

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    LOL, so indeed the 'motorized' aspect has nothing to do with the signal loss.
    And of course: if a signal gets below the noise, there will be no picture, whatever which dish is being used.

Title
    Thanks
    LOL, so indeed the 'motorized' aspect has nothing to do with the signal loss.
    And of course: if a signal gets below the noise, there will be no picture, whatever which dish is being used.
    signal more likely below noise with ct100 compared with ct125 for weak sinal and poor shoeprints, u not answer question, why make ct125 if it no better than ct100 ? methinks i am right ct125 is better than ct100 otherwize no reason to make it unless for scoobies

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just a little question.

I can get 100m of WF125 for £75 or 100m of CT125 locally for €70. Are they both the same spec wise.

Ta

digi247
    Quote Originally Posted by dfdream View Post
    Just a little question.

I can get 100m of WF125 for £75 or 100m of CT125 locally for €70. Are they both the same spec wise.

Ta

Both the same Different Brands thats all

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12