Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: rough estimate of re-alignment of motirsed dish and another cable plummed in.

Title
    Thanks

rough estimate of re-alignment of motirsed dish and another cable plummed in.

Hello.

could anyone give me a rough estimate of what it would cost to have my motorised dish re-aligned. Also to remove a single LNB from my sky dish and add a quad LNB then drill a whole through to my upstairs and run a cable from the quad LNB to the reciever in the bedroom.

I have the quad LNB and all the sat cables and clips etc.. (i was going to do it myself, but I dont have drill) so I thought I may as well get a professional do it, I guess the time consuming part is re-aligning the motorised dish.

If anyone could give a ball park figure that would be great..
    Thanks Sivhead.

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    I'd charge £40 to realign dish and £15 for sky dish work.
    I'm an installer in west midlands.

Sent from my iThing, using sorcery and the magic interweb.

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    getting a good installer is hard work, most "installers" are not what they claim to be, and can be expensive as well, I have always sorted out my dish setups myself, for the cost of a good drill, I would prefer to sort it myself, and have a good drill to show for it afterwards

the offer made by TK is very good, but that depends on where you are, as to if its a viable offer, but "a prof" install could cost any thing up to a few hundred quid
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

Title
    Thanks
    might be an idea to have an installers section on the forum were suitable traders can show of their work with pics that way people dont get ripped of by yellow pages newbs.