Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Bt infinty

Title
    Thanks

Bt infinty

Hiya, had a phone call off bt saying bt infinity 2 is in my area and would i like to take 18 month contract, estimated spped of 64 meg and 19meg upload speed, i was with bt many years ago and they used to cap my speed all time, so not a great experience with them on broadband but phone etc was no problems at all, im with o2 at the minute getting around 5 meg, ive rang o2 and they have said they are at least 12 months away from super fast broadband, so im not sure what to do, has anybody got bt infiinity and if so whats it been like for you ? Have you had to ring them up for anything and what was customer service like if so ? Thanks

Title
    V.I.P - R.I.P - Will never be forgotten...
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 810 Posts
    watch out for there hidden roll on contract, and there payment plan...I was massively in credit, and when i dumped them, there indian call centre called me "racist" after I argued about there disconnection fee after being with them for 3 years
    ( I said that i will find a provider thats speaks plain english ) I hate them, they robbed me of around £75
    Units; VU+Ultimo/duo/DM800/7020HD/tm9100
    1.2 channel master/quad feedhorn/36volt /vbox
    1 fixed dish, and 1 motorized 1mtr dish
    and a pile of redundant cards/cams

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to basilyoung For This Useful Post:

dilly1066 (30-05-12),Mr. Mister (31-05-12)

digi247
    I have Bt Infinity2 had the early 40mb version last year when it first came to my area, and have around 2 months ago upgraded again to the 80mb offering i get around max speed 77mb down and 18mb up.

In all that time i have seen no caps what so ever at anytime of day, Its pretty much been rock solid and i absolutely hammer it using newsgroups so no complaints here.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to digi247 For This Useful Post:

dilly1066 (30-05-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Hiya, so many mixed reviews every where i ask, still no idea whether to try them or not,

Title
    Thanks
    hiya mate, just got phone to ring them and they shut at 8pm was all set ready to order it, so got al night now and thought id ask you few questions, ive read that torrents get capped during peaks hours ? thats not really a problem for me as im like you and use newsgroups but wanted to see if that capping was true ? apart from that then you never get capped on newsgroups or anything else you use ? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by digi247 View Post
    I have Bt Infinity2 had the early 40mb version last year when it first came to my area, and have around 2 months ago upgraded again to the 80mb offering i get around max speed 77mb down and 18mb up.

In all that time i have seen no caps what so ever at anytime of day, Its pretty much been rock solid and i absolutely hammer it using newsgroups so no complaints here.

digi247
    Quote Originally Posted by dilly1066 View Post
    hiya mate, just got phone to ring them and they shut at 8pm was all set ready to order it, so got al night now and thought id ask you few questions, ive read that torrents get capped during peaks hours ? thats not really a problem for me as im like you and use newsgroups but wanted to see if that capping was true ? apart from that then you never get capped on newsgroups or anything else you use ? thanks
    I have never once been capped on newsgroups at all at anytime of day infact its full throttle 24/7 for me anyway, I cant answer the torrents question as the last time i used torrents of any form was around 1998 and have used newsgroups ever since.

Just to give you a rough idea i can on occasions get through a few Terabyte a month easily and have not been capped yet, saying that i do have the Unlimited option on the Btinfinity

Hope that helps

9. The Following User Says Thank You to digi247 For This Useful Post:

dilly1066 (31-05-12)

Title
    Thanks
    hiya, thats alot of downloading lol, i wouldnt get threw anything near that, just one more question mate whcih router do you have ? ive heard the home hub 2 are pretty crap but the later home hub 3 is alot better, or do you use your own ? when bt rang me they told me the router had 1 gigabite ethernet slot only so i would probably like to buy my own, unless the home hub is great, thanks

I have never once been capped on newsgroups at all at anytime of day infact its full throttle 24/7 for me anyway, I cant answer the torrents question as the last time i used torrents of any form was around 1998 and have used newsgroups ever since.

Just to give you a rough idea i can on occasions get through a few Terabyte a month easily and have not been capped yet, saying that i do have the Unlimited option on the Btinfinity

Hope that helps

digi247
    Quote Originally Posted by dilly1066 View Post
    hiya, thats alot of downloading lol, i wouldnt get threw anything near that, just one more question mate whcih router do you have ? ive heard the home hub 2 are pretty crap but the later home hub 3 is alot better, or do you use your own ? when bt rang me they told me the router had 1 gigabite ethernet slot only so i would probably like to buy my own, unless the home hub is great, thanks

I had Sky broadband before infinity and you know what there router is like pretty abysmal, I have the Home Hub 3 and it does everything i need and the wireless range is 1000 times better than what i had with sky anyway.

Regards

12. The Following User Says Thank You to digi247 For This Useful Post:

dilly1066 (31-05-12)

Title
    Thanks
    hiya, ok mate thanks for answering my questions, gona give them a ring tomorrow and give it ago, when im only getting 5 meg and i could be getting 64 meg ive got to try it really, so im going to, thanks

I had Sky broadband before infinity and you know what there router is like pretty abysmal, I have the Home Hub 3 and it does everything i need and the wireless range is 1000 times better than what i had with sky anyway.

Regards

Title
    Thanks
    I have not had issues with infinity. It comes with a modem/ router setup like old virgin days. You can use any WAN router with the modem. You can also flash the BT modem HG612 to see your true internet speed. I flashed mine to unlock the hidden user interface. Speedtest.net cannot be trusted to show true download speed.
    Code:
    http://huaweihg612hacking.wordpress.com/
    Last edited by basilyoung; 31-05-12 at 18:50. Reason: live link

15. The Following User Says Thank You to eblaster101 For This Useful Post:

dilly1066 (31-05-12)

Title
    Thanks
    Hiya, thought id update the thread, decided to give it ago, i couldnt get 64 meg out of my mind lol, always had a slow internet speed, the 5 meg i get now is the fastest ive ever had so looking forward to super speeds , thanks for posting guys,