Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: SIM card lets parents control phones remotely

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts

SIM card lets parents control phones remotely

Parents can now control their kids' phones remotely.
    The new Bemilo SIM system allows parents to control mobile phone settings and read text messages and other data remotely, using a computer. The system is set to run on the Vodafone network in the UK.

The child will not have any ability to "turn it off," as they do with some parental control apps. Parents can set limits on a device, such as preventing a phone from being used at certain hours altogher (night time, school hours etc.), or by blocking just certain aspects of the phones features, such as web browsing, or sending / receiving text messages and so forth.

Parents can also block numbers from being called, or receiving a call from, and can read text messages and view multimedia stored on the device.

"It's a SIM that is just like any other SIM you would buy for any other network, but it enables parents to have full control in the context of safety," Simon Goff, founder and chairman of Bemilo, told the BBC. "They can allow or disallow certain contacts to call them, and they can set the times of day the phone can operate."

Parents can manage a handset at certain hours in such a way that everything is disabled, but they will still be able to contact their child.

The SIM is being marketed as a tool to help prevent bullying and to discourage sexting. Bemilo also conducted research that showed parents are concerned about their children not getting enough sleep, opting to stay awake in bed for longer hours while texting or otherwise communicating with friends.

Bemilo will be available as a pay-as-you-go service, starting at £2.95 per month.

Code:
     http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2012/05/23/sim_card_lets_parents_control_phones_remotely
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

FuManchu (25-05-12),Sicilian (24-05-12)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    More big brother britain. 1984
    Is definitely the most misspelled word on the internet?

Title
    Thanks
    I remember going for an interview for a job about 6 years ago for a company that was going to offer the same thing as this. I turned it down as I couldn't see it taking off and a few years later the company closed. Still can't see it taking off to be honest. Maybe a few over-paranoid amd lazy parents might take it up, but generally I don't think it will work.

Sometimes people have to try to be an actual parent and raise their child to be confident to speak to them about bullying and other mattes. Not spy on them.