Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Would OpenWebIF work on a TV Browser

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks

Would OpenWebIF work on a TV Browser

Im considering buying a new TV for the bedroom either a new Samsung or LG cinema 3D with the smart internet and web browser built in, what would be interesting to know if any of these new tv's can handle the openwebif in there browsers and how they handle the M3U streaming file and thus open it up and play it.

I know the latest LG can handle html5 and adobe flash but without having one in front of me i have no way of knowing, so i would be interested to know if any one on here has experimented with one.

It would be cool if it worked without a Pc etc.

Title
    Thanks
    My Samsung TV would display the Openwebif web pages, but I could not view a channel. The error message was 'Downloads not supported'.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by machare View Post
    My Samsung TV would display the Openwebif web pages, but I could not view a channel.
    But there are other, more convenient ways to view a channel on your TV, I hope

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I suspect most modern internet connected tv's dont know what to do with the m3u stream.

Title
    Thanks
    My Samsung TV will however display TV channels being received by my PC running DVBViewer recording service.
    The DVBViewer recording service appears on my home network as a Upnp server.

Do MiniDLNA or Ushare make receivable TV channels available to Upnp clients, or just recorded programmes?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Would it be possible to then stream the tv channels from a dreambox via the dlna service like tuxbox does in xbmc.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Guys managed to stream a channel to my new smart LG tv via the browser by directly typing the channel stream address i.e

Code:
    http://192.168.2.34:8001/1:0:19:F15:7F1:2:11A0000:0:0:0::Sky1 HD
    The only caveat is that the stream is centered in the window and not full screen and also it plays the 1st Narrated audio stream, so not sure what else i can do so anyone have any ideas.

Title
    Thanks
    It isn't possible to change to a different audio stream on these TV's. It will only play the first audio listed in the stream.

Title
    Thanks
    My Samsung ES8000 is the same it doesn't like the .m3u playlist format that it is given to do the streaming of live tv.
    I have got it streaming the recordings using minidlna and they work pretty nicely even HD over a wired LAN.

I also tried the using the browser directly to a stream as you described, and that gives "Download Failed", so I'm still looking for the neatest way to watch my Duo live from another room. I have the analogue RF picture as backup, but that looks dreadful.
    Last edited by pacha2; 26-08-12 at 20:10.

Title
    Thanks
    I've not tried it (not got an Enigma Sat receiver yet, although thinking of getting one an would look to integrate it with my other Sammy TV's / Plex, etc) but I believe there's a widget for Samsung Smart TV's called NetPlayer which might help.

My ideal solution would be to have Plex (another Sammy App) be able to control the Sat Receiver.

Code:
    http://tvwidget.pl/widgety.html
    Last edited by Turbo; 28-12-12 at 10:18.